Simple Egg-free Carrot Cake Recipe
Eggless carrot cake is probably the most requested recipe ever since I started the eggless recipe challenge. So here it is! If you love carrot cakes as much as I do and if you don’t consume eggs, this easy eggless carrot cake recipe is going to become your favorite. This eggless carrot cake is moist, full of flavor and super delicious. The best part- it’s also very easy to make. Once you realize how easy it is to bake this eggless carrot cake from scratch, you’d want to bake it every day!
As soon as carrots are in season, I start planning recipes using them because I love baking with carrots. Some of my favorite carrot desserts from the blog are carrot cake donuts and carrot-coconut cake. I’ve also shared the best whole-wheat carrot cake recipe in my debut cookbook- Bake With Shivesh. But if I have to pick an egg free carrot dessert, this easy eggless carrot cake recipe will be on top of my list. This cake is spiced using cinnamon and ginger. I also add some crushed pecans for the bite and top the cake with a generous layer of cream-cheese frosting
Eggless Carrot Cake Ingredients-
This easy carrot cake recipe only calls for a few ingredients that you would probably already have in your pantry. I make this cake using maida. You should stick to using maida for the recipe since using whole wheat flour will make this cake dense. I, in fact, recommend sifting your all purpose flour/ maida before using it. That will make your cake more light and airy.
I also use cinnamon powder and ginger power in the cake to flavor it. Spices make a carrot cake truly incredible. You can also add some grated nutmeg to this eggless carrot cake. To add some more texture and crunch to the carrot cake, I also throw in some crushed pecans. Pecans taste amazing in the carrot cake. If you don’t have pecans, you can use crushed walnuts instead. Feel free to add some raisins or dried cranberries to this eggless carrot cake.
Moist eggless carrot cake from scratch-
This moist eggless carrot cake uses condensed milk in place of eggs. You’ll fall in love with the soft texture and the crumb which is as good as a carrot cake made using eggs. Since I use condensed milk in this cake, I avoid adding any extra sugar in the batter. The condensed milk is very sweet and if you add frosting to the cake, that makes it sweeter.
How to make Eggless Carrot Cake in Microwave-
Looking for an eggless carrot cake recipe for microwave? All you have to do while baking this cake in the microwave is to reduce the baking time by 25%. So in the microwave this will only take 22-25 minutes at 180*C. Everything else remains the same.
Frosting for eggless carrot cake-
A lot of you ask me- what is the best topping for carrot cake. My choice of frosting for carrot cake would be a cream cheese frosting. Carrot cake and cream cheese frosting is such a classic combination. But to be honest, this eggless carrot cake tastes incredible with cream-cheese frosting or white chocolate ganache. If you feel like sticking to basics, make the vanilla bean butter cream.
The eggless recipe challenge has been so much fun. These are the recipes I shared with you in the last 10 days-
- caramel-pecan tart
- lemon cake
- maple & apple tart
- chocolate mousse cake
- no-bake strawberry custard tart
- mulberry panna cotta
- shortbread cookies with Nutella
- mulberry granita
- egg substitutes in baking
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4g) cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon (2g) ginger powder
- ½ tin condensed milk (200gm)
- ¼ cup (55g) butter, softened
- ¼ cup (60mL) milk
- ¼ cup (32g) crushed pecans/ walnuts
- 1 + ½ cup (150g) grated carrots
- Pre-heat the oven to 180*C. Line a 6" round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and ginger powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and condensed milk. Whisk in the milk.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in the carrots and pecans. Transfer the batter into the cake pan and bake at 180*C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.