If you wish, you can also substitute nutella with jam, or add sprinkles. These cookies basically go well with everything and anything!
Try them out and let me know what combination you liked best!
A few notes before you get started-
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp water ( if required)
- 1/4 cup Nutella, to top
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- Pre-heat the oven to 180*C
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.Stir in vanilla
- Add flour and mix well. The dough will be tough and grainy. Add water
- Knead the dough properly until it can be rolled into the desired size
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into the desired shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, top them with Nutella and sprinkle with sea salt.
For general tips on how to bake your cookies perfectly, you can read my article here.
Anjana Iyer says
About to try this recipe tonight. Can you please explain the oven setting a bit, should it be 180C fan bake or just normal bake?
bake with shivesh says
Hey, sorry just saw this. It really differs from oven to oven. I think fan bake should be good