These heavenly carrot cake donuts are baked and not fried and they are all you need on a cold rainy afternoon to shoo away the monsoon blues. Every bite of these baked donuts feels like home.
Carrot cake donuts are healthy, they’re delicious, and they’re so easy to make. Since you wouldn’t believe me, you need to try them yourself and tell me how it turned out for you guys!
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Donuts
The very healthy and non-fried but baked carrot cake donuts do not require you to go out of your way to make them.
They’re simple- some flour, some baking powder, some spices, oil, sugar, and you’re pretty much done. But make sure you are using light brown sugar instead of dark brown sugar. The dark version of brown sugar has a more complex taste and will entirely change the taste of the recipe. Also, if you want the carrots to have a subtle texture, finely grate them. However, if you fancy a very evident texture, you can always choose to grate them coarsely. You can also add some nuts to the recipe if you’d like that.
Experimenting with Carrot Cake Donuts
While I dunk these baked donuts in cinnamon and sugar mixture, you can go one step ahead and also use cream cheese frosting or buttercream frosting on the top.
Using these frostings on your donuts will give them an extra edge and you can have them as a special dessert at your party!
Try these other Carrot infused desserts
If you really are a fan of carrots in desserts, there are other recipes on the blog that I am sure you will fancy baking:
I have also been fortunate enough to publish my first ever book- Bake with Shivesh, in which I have mentioned fun recipes, styling tips, and photography tips. If you haven’t grabbed your copy, get it now!
If you bake this eggless pistachio cake or any other eggless cake from the blog, I’d love to see them. Please share pictures with me on my Instagram by using #BakeWithShivesh and I will surely feature you on my profile!
Carrot Cake Donuts Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅓ cup milk + 1 tsp white vinegar, combined and rested for 5 minutes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup finely grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 180C. prepare a donut pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the milk, oil, brown sugar, egg until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the grated carrots and gently mix them into the batter.
- Pipe the batter into each cavity of the donut pan
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180c or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the dout comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Dunk in cinnamon sugar.
I tried this recipe today and it came out well ?, except for the baking inside the donut. Any suggestions on how to get that right? What is the requirement of crispiness outside and inside the donut?
Rajanwita Mohapatra says
Hi Shivesh.. Please tell me what is the eggless version of this recipe?
These look delicious! Can i make this with wheat flour and jaggery instead of all purpose flour and sugar? i need a healthier version for the kids. Kindly help.