All the banana bread lovers say “YAAY”. I know there are a lot of you out there who absolutely love banana bread, just like I do. So many of you tried my whole-wheat banana bread and now I’ve got a great alternate recipe for all those of you who’re gluten intolerant. This Gluten free banana bread is just the recipe for you. I’m sure you’ll be amazed by it’s texture and crumb! I use tapioca flour and oats to make this gluten free banana bread. I also add pecans for a crunch but you can use walnuts instead. Once this beautiful gluten free banana bread is baked and cooled, I top it with my favorite cream cheese frosting. Reminds me of my Banana cake with cream-cheese frosting.
Update- YAY! I’m glad to see that you guys tried out this recipe and liked the results. Thank you for making this gluten free banana bread at home and sharing pictures with me. I promise to share more gluten free recipes here soon. Keep baking!
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup rolled gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas, baked in the oven at 200C for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Mix in the bananas and use a fork to make sure it is well incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients but do not over mix.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf pan and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes.
- Once it is cooled completely, top with cream cheese frosting.