RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
I clearly love making and eating banana breads. I’ve earlier shared my recipe for gluten free banana bread as well as a whole wheat banana bread on the blog but nothing comes close to this incredibly delicious raspberry chocolate chip banana bread. It truly is one of the most delicious desserts I’ve made- the flavors of raspberry, chocolate and banana are so good together!
Another thing I love about this raspberry chocolate chip banana bread is that it is very easy to prepare and you can whip it up in one bowl. Make sure you use ripe bananas. If your bananas are not ripe enough, simply bake them with the skin on for 10-15 minutes at 200C. I don’t mash my bananas completely before adding them into the batter because I like the chunks of bananas. You can process it in a food processor if you’d want them mashed completely.
I use fresh raspberries in the recipe but you can also experiment by using frozen ones. For the chocolate chips, use the best ones you can get your hands on. If you don’t have chocolate chips, simply chop some cooking chocolate and use chocolate chunks instead of the chips. I really can’t wait for you guys to make this raspberry chocolate chip banana bread at home because I know you’ll love it as much as I do. Happy baking! And don’t forget to watch the video for this recipe on my Instagram.
Recipe adapted from https://www.thekitchn.com/
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas ( about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter and caster sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon powder and ginger powder.
- Gently fold in the flour and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Add more chocolate chips and raspberries on the top, if you like.
- Bake at 180C for 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden-brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.