I think you realize by now that I’m obsessing over banana bread these days. I don’t like eating bananas otherwise but in banana breads- they’re SO good! I’ve always wanted to bake chocolate and banana bread but then I decided to take things to the next level by making this super chocolaty triple chocolate banana bread! I also shared step- by- step pictures on my Instagram stories last week. Some of my readers have already made this triple chocolate banana bread and they loved it!
Now how is this triple chocolate banana bread so good? It has dark cooking chocolate, cocoa powder and chocolate chips! I used 57% chocolate from Regal. Whenever you are baking try using the best quality chocolate that you can get your hands on. I don’t recommend using compound chocolate but if that is what you’ve got, go for it!
When ever you’re making banana bread, make sure your bananas are very ripe. When I was making this triple chocolate banana bread, the bananas I had at home were not as ripe as I’d like them to be. So I simply baked them ( with the skin on) for 15 minutes at 200C. Then I mashed them and added them to the batter.
If you love banana breads as much as I do, don’t forget to also check out these recipes-
NOTE- If you want to make this triple chocolate banana bread without eggs, you can try substituting the eggs with one cup Greek yogurt. I’ve not tried it myself but I think it would work. Let me know if you try the eggless version.
- 1/2 cup ( 113g) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (88g) dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten ( or 1 cup Greek Yogurt) 285g
- 3 mashed bananas ( 1 cup)
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp(3g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup(60mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (63g) crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup (88g) chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine melted chocolate and butter.
- Mix in the caster sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and mix well.
- Beat in the mashed bananas. Mix until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Using a spatula fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix only until everything is incorporated and there are no large flour pockets.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. If you like, top with more crushed walnuts, chocolate chips and banana slices.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Your triple chocolate banana bread is ready!