There is something so nostalgic about a good vanilla cupcake that it automatically lifts your mood and makes everything feel better! Add a nice frosting on top and you’re in dreamy vanilla heaven.
I’m super excited to be starting this year by sharing my go-to recipe whenever I’m craving something simple and sweet. This eggless vanilla cupcakes recipe is everything you need in your baking list for the week- so go and make it! And if you do, don’t forget to take pictures and post them on Instagram using #Bakewithshivesh.
Tips to make the perfect cupcakes
To get your cupcakes perfect (more perfect, haha), I would also like to suggest some tips. I assure you, you will fall in love with baking cupcakes once you realize how easy they are!
- Use an ice cream scooper to get the perfect quantity of the batter in the cupcake liners.
- Adding baking soda over curd will incorporate a lot of air and structure to the cupcakes. Baking soda can take 5 mins to fully react with curd. Once the curd has almost doubled in quantity, that’s when the mixture is ready.
- Use the best quality vanilla you can get your hands on for these cupcakes, it’ll help the main flavor shine throughout!
If you feel confused about which kind of vanilla to use for your baking, I’ve written an entire article on All about Vanilla.
- Do not push two cupcake trays into your oven. Put one batch of your cupcakes in the center of the oven for even and uniform baking.
- Never forget to pre-heat your oven.
- To test whether your cupcakes are done or not, you can always use a toothpick. However, when you think your cupcakes are evenly baked, you can push the center with your finger. If it bounces back, they’re completely baked. (Only try this with cupcakes that have cooled down a bit)
INGREDIENTS FOR THESE EGGLESS Vanilla CUPCAKES
I am using vegetable oil instead of butter. Oil-based desserts are much lighter and have a fluffier sponge. They also have a longer shelf life than desserts made from butter.
Superfine sugar is the same as caster sugar and that is what I have used in this recipe. I would advise you to not use granulated sugar in dessert recipes. It has big sugar chunks that never fully dissolve into your dessert and you end up with sugar chunks in the end. You can read more about sugars here.
Yogurt is a very important ingredient in this recipe because it is responsible for adding structure and texture to the eggless vanilla cupcakes. In a normal recipe, this would be done by eggs. Now I know a lot of you are always wondering whether to use Greek yogurt or not. I always use normal homemade yogurt/Dahi for these cupcakes. Sometimes homemade yogurt can be too watery. If that is the case you should separate the thick yogurt portions and use that. In times when homemade yogurt is just slightly watery, you can use it just as is. There is no need to strain it. Hope you don’t rush to the market to buy Greek yogurt the next time you need to use yogurt in a recipe, haha!
Wondering about more egg substitutes? There is an entire blog post dedicated to that and I know it will give you a better understanding of the entire thing!
THE DRY INGREDIENTS
For my dry ingredients, I used all-purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Whenever I am making an eggless dessert, I make sure to sift in my dry ingredients. What this does is, make the dry ingredients that you are adding slightly lighter and therefore incorporate more air into your batter. A decent amount of air is needed in eggless desserts to help them get a better rise.
How to make eggless vanilla cupcakes in the microwave?
This has to be the most asked question on all my social media platforms. Can we bake the recipe in a microwave? And the answer is YES! I am so glad that I am creating a recipe that can be made both in an oven and a microwave so everyone can bake and rejoice with these beautiful eggless vanilla cupcakes.
If your microwave has a convection mode, you can also bake these cupcakes in it! To bake these cupcakes in the microwave, preheat until 180 degrees celsius. Place the muffin pan on your tray, and allow it to bake for 15-20 minutes only. Again, microwaves differ, so keep a sharp eye out for the golden edges.
Frosting for these eggless vanilla cupcakes
I use a whipped ganache frosting for my eggless vanilla cupcakes. This chocolate ganache is the smoothest and the most decadent ganache that compliments the vanilla perfectly! Chocolate ganache is really easy to make and only requires two ingredients! You can check out this post I wrote about how to make the perfect chocolate ganache and be a ganache pro.
To make this whipped ganache –
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and transfer it into a heatproof bowl.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring the cream to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Put the mixture to chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Once cooled completely and whip the ganache until light and fluffy.
Other eggless recipes on the blog
Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- ¾ cup maida
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 6tbsp castor sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pre -heat the oven to 180 degree C and line an muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl whisk together flour and baking powder and set a side.
- In a separate bowl add the yogurt and sprinkle baking soda over it and set it aside to foam up.
- Whisk together castor sugar and oil in a separate bowl until pale and well combined.
- Now pour the yogurt mixture to the oil and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the flour and mix until everything is well combined there are no large flour pockets in the batter. Do not over mix at this stage.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin tray using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes or only until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Kindly advise what is the measurements of your cup? How many grams and ml does it mean?
please write a article for all your measurements please , so that we can refer to it.
Saswati Dash says
You.can check his Instagram account. He replies to almost every query there. Happy baking ?
Blah blah says
you need to buy measuring cups, they provide those sizes, he did mentioned this in one of his tips
Kitchen Goss says
These look beautiful ❤️
hey, what are the cup measurements?
Can I substitute the yogurt with eggs?
I was looking for eggless cupcakes receipe, and found this. Amazing receipe with minute details elaborated. And the tips mentioned are a blessing for amature bakers like me. For the first time, I baked the cupcakes using this mould and they turned to be delicious. Thank you for this receipe.
swati joshi says
Perfect Cupcakes! Thank you for the wonderful recipe Shivesh.
tried so many recipes bt this one is awesome , the best.thnx sivesh
Sandeep Goel says
Tried the cupcake without ganache. Real soft and tasty. Thanks for posting these
Hi I got my first OTG today and with all enthusiasm I baked the cup cake. It was ok for the first attempt. Except for the galanche…. Thanks for the amazing simple recipes….
Thank you so much shivesh !! I was always very hesitant to bake a cake in a microwave. And never the recipe was always right.(sorry)but it’s a fact..
But I followed ur recipe and in the microwave and the cake came out perfect ..and they are so easy even my 13yr old son has started bakeing.
Laizhou Dechen Machinery Co., Ltd says
It’s a great recipe. It’s a great way to make a cake
Sanvi Sharma says
I’m just 10 years old, but love baking. My bua suggested this channel, and I mostly bake veg. recipes. These cupcakes are parfait for beginners!
Lavanya Murali says
Can you pls throw light on how many cupcakes will this recipe yield?
Hi. I tried this recipe and the batter was much thicker than what is shown in the video. I used olive oil because I didn’t have vegetable oil. My cupcakes were crusty on the top and doughy inside. I also used an air fryer. So I reduced the temperature by around 25 degrees Fahrenheit. Would you be able to tell me where I could have gone wrong?