In the realm of baking, there’s something uniquely satisfying about creating a delicious dessert with minimal effort and maximum flavor. The One Bowl Vanilla Cake epitomizes this concept, offering a delightful treat that is easy to make yet never fails to impress. This cake embodies the essence of simplicity, allowing the pure, classic flavor of vanilla to shine through. Whether you’re a novice baker or a seasoned pro, this recipe is a go-to for all occasions, from birthdays to Sunday gatherings with loved ones. With a one bowl vanilla cake, you’ll experience the joy of a delicious homemade dessert without the hassle of a lengthy cleanup.
INGREDIENTS USED IN ONE BOWL VANILLA CAKE
The most obvious reason is that sugar adds sweetness to the cake, making it enjoyable and satisfying to eat. In a microwave cake, sugar helps keep the cake moist, preventing it from becoming dry and crumbly during the cooking process. As it combines with the other ingredients, it helps create a light and fluffy texture, making each bite a heavenly experience.
Oil adds tenderness to the cake’s crumb. It coats the flour particles and interferes with gluten formation, resulting in a more delicate and less chewy texture. It is often easier to mix into cake batters compared to solid fats like butter. It can be blended more uniformly with other ingredients, ensuring an even distribution of fats throughout the batter. The choice of vegetable oil adds neutrality, allowing the vanilla flavor to shine without any overpowering buttery notes.
Milk helps dilute the batter to achieve the desired consistency. This makes the batter easier to work with and results in a smoother texture. In recipes that use baking powder as a leavening agent, milk can react with it to produce carbon dioxide gas. This gas creates air bubbles within the batter, causing the cake to rise and become fluffy. Using whole milk, as specified in the recipe, adds a luxurious creaminess to the batter, elevating the overall indulgence of the cake. I use
Flour helps absorb the moisture from other ingredients in the batter, which contributes to the cake’s texture and prevents it from being overly wet. Flour interacts with leavening agents like baking powder and baking soda to create gas (usually carbon dioxide) that causes the cake to rise. Flour is a primary structural ingredient in cakes. It provides the framework for the cake’s crumb and gives it a cohesive texture. It also produces a tender crumb in the cake.
Baking powder and baking soda are used in this cake recipe as raising agents. Leavening agents introduce gas bubbles into the cake batter. When heated in the microwave, these bubbles expand, causing the cake to rise and become airy. The rise from leavening agents helps the cake cook more evenly in the microwave, ensuring that the center and edges of the cake cook at a similar rate.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR MAKING ONE BOWL VANILLA CAKE
This one-bowl vanilla cake comes together in minutes and needs just one bowl and a few measuring cups and measuring spoons to make.
A whisk or spatula is essential for combining the dry and wet ingredients efficiently. Ensure that the utensil you choose is capable of thoroughly mixing the batter without overdoing it.
You also require a microwave to make this cake in 4 minutes.
Or you can bake it too.
TIPS TO MAKE ONE BOWL VANILLA CAKE
- Use superfine sugar to blend properly in the batter and whisk really well.
- Ensure that the bowl you’re using is microwave-safe. Use a bowl that is not too large to allow for even cooking. You may need to adjust the cooking time if you’re using a different size or type of bowl.
- Instead of microwaving for the entire time at once, microwave the batter in short intervals. This helps control the cooking process and prevents the cake from overcooking in certain spots.
- Include healthier fats like olive oil, and coconut oil to keep the cake moist.
- Make sure to sift the dry ingredients to incorporate some air.
- All microwaves work differently so heat the cake on normal settings for 3 mins and check with a skewer if it is done.
OTHER RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tbsp vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ baking soda
- ½ baking powder
- Pour milk and white vinegar into a bowl, mix and let it sit for 5 mins.
- To this, add oil, sugar and vanilla extract and give it a good mix.
- Sift in the all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients in without over mixing.
- Microwave on normal settings for 3 mins or till a skewer comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate and serve immediately
If you like my easy one bowl vanilla cake recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!