There’s something magical about the combination of rich coffee flavors, smooth chocolate, and the nutty goodness of peanuts. Today, we’re diving into the world of decadence with a Mocha Milk Cake topped with a luscious Peanut Chocolate Ganache.
As the Mocha Milk Cake sets the stage, the Peanut Chocolate Ganache takes center spotlight. Picture a smooth, glossy river of chocolate, enriched with the creaminess of peanut butter. This decadent concoction cascades over the cake, creating a visual spectacle and introducing an exquisite interplay of textures and flavors. The ganache isn’t just a topping; it’s the climax that amplifies the entire experience.
INGREDIENTS USED IN MOCHA MILK CAKE
The most obvious reason is that sugar adds sweetness to the cake, making it enjoyable and satisfying to eat. In a microwave cake, sugar helps keep the cake moist, preventing it from becoming dry and crumbly during the cooking process.
Oil adds tenderness to the cake’s crumb. It coats the flour particles and interferes with gluten formation, resulting in a more delicate and less chewy texture. It is often easier to mix into cake batters compared to solid fats like butter. It can be blended more uniformly with other ingredients, ensuring an even distribution of fats throughout the batter.
Milk helps dilute the batter to achieve the desired consistency. This makes the batter easier to work with and results in a smoother texture. In recipes that use baking powder as a leavening agent, milk can react with it to produce carbon dioxide gas. This gas creates air bubbles within the batter, causing the cake to rise and become fluffy.
Flour helps absorb the moisture from other ingredients in the batter, which contributes to the cake’s texture and prevents it from being overly wet. It interacts with leavening agents like baking powder and baking soda to create gas (usually carbon dioxide) that causes the cake to rise. Flour is a primary structural ingredient in cakes. It provides the framework for the cake’s crumb and gives it a cohesive texture. It also produces a tender crumb in the cake.
Baking powder and baking soda are used in this cake recipe as raising agents. Leavening agents introduce gas bubbles into the cake batter. When heated in the microwave, these bubbles expand, causing the cake to rise and become airy. The rise from leavening agents helps the cake cook more evenly in the microwave, ensuring that the center and edges of the cake cook at a similar rate.
TIPS FOR MOCHA MILK CAKE
- Before making the sponge, make sure you grease your glass dish with oil/melted butter.
- Make sure all your ingredients, are at room temperature when making the sponge.
- The milk mixture needs to be added to the cake while it is still hot and don’t forget to prick the cake before adding the liquid!
- Don’t be afraid of using all the milk mentioned in the recipe, that’s what makes the cake taste divine!
EQUIPMENTS USED FOR MOCHA MILK CAKE
The kind of equipment you use when you’re baking makes a huge difference to the end result! I would recommend you to use good quality mixing bowls and other equipment so that your eggless marble cake comes out delicious!
To mix all my ingredients together in, I’m using Borosil’s 100% Borosilicate Glass Bowl which is microwave and oven safe, plus the bowls are super easy to clean and handle, which makes my baking process totally hassle free!
I have made this microwave cake in just 7 minutes.
OTHER SIMILAR RECIPES ON THE BLOG
- ✨1 cup milk
- ✨2 tsp vinegar
- ✨1 tbsp coffee
- ✨1 cup sugar
- ✨1/2 cup sunflower oil
- ✨1 cup all purpose flour
- ✨1/2 cup cocoa powder
- ✨1 tsp baking powder
- ✨1 tsp baking soda
- For the milk soak
- ✨1 cup milk
- ✨6 tbsp fresh cream
- ✨2 tbsp icing sugar
- ✨1 tbsp coffee
- ✨1 tbsp cocoa powder
- For the chocolate peanut ganache-
- ✨1 cup chocolate, chopped
- ✨1/2 cup fresh cream
- ✨1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- In a bowl, add warm milk. To this add vinegar and coffee powder and whisk well.
- Add sugar and oil and whisk till everything is well combined.
- Now add the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and whisk to form a smooth cake batter.
- Pour the batter in a microwave safe greased dish and microwave for 7 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the cake soak by combining warm milk, cream, icing sugar, coffee and cocoa powder. Whisk everything together.
- Once the cake is baked, poke holes in it using a skewer.
- Pour the soak over the cake and let it soak the liquid completely. Refrigerate for atleast 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache by heating cream in a saucepan set over medium heat.
- Pour the hot cream over chopped chocolate and mix untill smooth. Fold in chopped peanuts to the ganache.
- Take the cake out of the refrigerator and add the chocolate peanut ganache on top and spread evenly.