Our Hot Chocolate Cake is a celebration of comfort and indulgence, a symphony of flavors that will transport you to the coziest of winter evenings, wrapped in the embrace of a warm mug of cocoa.
Imagine sinking your fork into layers of decadent chocolate cake, each bite delivering a perfect harmony of rich cocoa and indulgent sweetness. The aroma alone is an invitation to delight your senses, reminiscent of that first sip of hot chocolate on a chilly day.
The frosting, generously slathered over the cake, mirrors the creamy smoothness of your favorite hot chocolate, creating a perfect balance that will leave you craving more. Whether enjoyed on its own or paired with a steaming cup of cocoa, this cake is a testament to the timeless comfort found in the marriage of chocolate and warmth.
INGREDIENTS USED IN HOT CHOCOLATE CAKE
The liquid content of the milk contributes to the overall texture of the cake. It helps create a tender, moist crumb, making the cake more enjoyable to eat. It also helps dissolve and distribute ingredients like sugar, ensuring even mixing and a smooth batter. The liquid content of the milk also contributes in gluten development. Proper gluten development is important for the structure and texture of the cake.
Condensed milk is thick and contains a high concentration of water. This helps add moisture to the batter, resulting in a soft and tender crumb in the finished cake. The sticky, dense nature of condensed milk helps bind the ingredients together, contributing to the overall structure of the cake. This is especially important in eggless recipes where there are no eggs to provide this function. It serves as the primary sweetener in the recipe.
When creamed with sugar, butter incorporates air into the batter, resulting in a light and fluffy texture. Butter aids in browning the surface of the cake, creating an appealing colour and flavour. It carries and enhances the flavour of other ingredients.
Flour acts as a binding agent, helping to hold the other ingredients together. This is especially important in eggless recipes where there are no eggs to provide this function. All-purpose flour has a neutral flavour, allowing the lemon flavour to shine through without interference. It also gives stability to the HOT COCOLATE Cake.
BAKING POWDER AND BAKING SODA
I used both baking powder and baking soda for this recipe. Both are leavening agents and play their roles in different ways.
Cinnamon is a staple spice in carrot cake and provides a warm, sweet, and slightly earthy flavor. It pairs exceptionally well with the natural sweetness , creating a comforting and well-balanced taste.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR MAKING HOT CHOCOLATE CAKE
This recipe needs staples and basic equipment that are easily available in the kitchens or in nearby stores.
I have used a 8 inch circle glass dish to bake this cake.
A spatula and a whisk help to bring this batter together.
OTHER RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
TIPS TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Ensure that ingredients are at room temperature. This promotes even mixing and a smoother batter.
- Baking powder and baking soda are essential for giving the cake for its rise. Make sure they are fresh and not expired for optimal results.
- Allow the batter to rest for a few minutes after mixing. This allows the leavening agents to activate properly.
- Pour your hot chocolate over the baked cake while the cake is still warm.
- ¾ cup milk, warm
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 can MILKMAID
- 1 + ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 + ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- For the hot chocolate soak-
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate callets
- For the topping-
- Whipped cream
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and grease a 8inch round glass dish.
- In a bowl, add warm milk, melted butter and MILKMAID and whisk untill combined.
- To this add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix everything together.
- Transfer the batter to a prepared glass dish and bake for 50-55 mins or untill a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- For the hot chocolate soak, Set a saucepan on medium heat and add milk, sugar and cocoa powder to it. Heat till the sugar is dissolved and no lumps of cocoa powder are left.
- Add the chocolate callets to the milk mixture and keep on whisking till the chocolate melts and comes to a boil.
- Use a fork or a skewer to prick the cake while it’s hot and pour the soak over it and let it soak the liquid completely.
- Let it come to room temperature. Meanwhile, whip some cream till stiff peaks.
- Pipe whipped cream dollops on the cake and dust cocoa powder and enjoy!