Come winter and there is just one thing that I look forward to the most – Strawberries! But what is better than strawberries is strawberries paired with chocolate. My trips to London are always incomplete without the irresistible Chocolate Strawberry.
With their glossy exteriors, vibrant red hues, and decadent taste, these delectable treats have taken the culinary world by storm and have become viral globally too in the recent times. I couldn’t have been happier when I tried to make it at the comfort of my home and kitchen and LOVED the results.
Now, you too can recreate the magic at home with this recipe to crafting the perfect Chocolate Strawberries.
INGREDIENTS USED IN LONDON’S VIRAL CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY
The quality of the strawberries will significantly impact the overall taste of your chocolate-covered treats. The role of strawberries in recreating London’s viral chocolate-covered strawberries is central, as these luscious fruits bring natural sweetness, vibrant colour, and a juicy texture that complements the rich and indulgent chocolate coating.
Opt for fresh, ripe strawberries. They should be plump, vibrant, and free from any signs of over ripeness or bruising.
Chocolate serves as the primary flavour component in chocolate-covered strawberries, infusing the sweet and juicy strawberries with its rich, decadent taste. The combination of the fruity sweetness of the strawberries and the indulgent flavour of chocolate creates a harmonious and delicious blend.
Choose high-quality chocolate for dipping. Whether you prefer dark, milk, or white chocolate, using a good-quality chocolate will enhance the flavour and texture of the coating. Consider using chocolate specifically designed for melting and coating.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR MAKING LONDON’S VIRAL CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY
This recipe comes together in minutes and with simplest of equipment.
You need bowls to melt the chocolate in and dip the strawberries. And a serving dish.
That’s literally just it!!
OTHER RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
TIPS TO MAKE LONDON’S VIRAL CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY
- Opt for fresh, ripe strawberries. They should be plump, vibrant, and free from any signs of over ripeness or bruising.
- Before dipping the strawberries in chocolate, make sure they are completely dry.
- Choose high-quality chocolate for dipping. Consider using chocolate specifically designed for melting and coating.
- Melt the chocolate gently using a double boiler or microwave in short intervals. Stir frequently to ensure even melting. Avoid overheating, as this can lead to a gritty or scorched texture.
- For an extra glossy finish, you can add a small amount of coconut oil or vegetable shortening to the melted chocolate.
- Customize your chocolate-covered strawberries with various toppings for added flavour and texture. Chopped nuts, shredded coconut, drizzled contrasting chocolate, or edible glitter can elevate the visual appeal and taste of your creation.
- Chocolate-covered strawberries are best enjoyed fresh. The strawberries’ natural juices can start to seep into the chocolate over time, affecting the texture.
- 8-10 strawberries
- ½ cup milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp oil
- Chop the milk chocolate into fine chunks.
- Set up a double boiler by placing a saucepan filled with some water over medium heat. Then put a glass bowl over the saucepan.
- In the bowl, add in the chopped chocolate and oil. Let it melt completely together.
- Now in a glass, add in the whole strawberries and pour the melted chocolate over it and enjoyy!
If you like my London’s Viral Chocolate Strawberry recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!