Today, I’m excited to share a recipe that embodies the epitome of sweetness, richness, and effortless elegance—the No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake. In the world of desserts, there’s something enchanting about the combination of strawberries and chocolate. It’s a classic pairing that never fails to captivate the senses.
Imagine sinking your fork into layers of smooth, creamy cheesecake infused with the essence of sun-kissed strawberries, harmonizing with the decadence of a chocolatey embrace. The best part? This tantalizing treat comes together effortlessly, without a single moment spent near the oven.
This recipe transcends the ordinary, offering a dessert masterpiece without the need for a heated oven. Get ready to embark on a journey of flavors that will satisfy your sweet cravings effortlessly.
INGREDIENTS USED IN NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
A cheesecake is incomplete without a biscuit base. The texture of digestive biscuits adds a pleasant crunch to the crust, creating a contrast to the smooth and creamy cheesecake filling. Digestive biscuit crusts are well-suited for no-bake desserts, as they provide stability without requiring baking. The combination of biscuit crumbs and a binding agent, usually melted butter, creates a cohesive and stable crust that sets well in the refrigerator.
Melted butter serves as a binding agent for the crust. When combined with crushed digestive biscuits or graham crackers, it creates a mixture that sticks together, helping to form a cohesive and solid base for the cheesecake.
The main ingredient that gives the cheesecake its entire structure and base is the whipping cream. Whipping cream is whipped up to stiff peaks before any other ingredient is added to it so that it maintains its light and airy texture. This makes the cheesecake get its real texture and feel. I have used this whipping cream to make this recipe.
Since it’s a cheesecake recipe, it can’t go without adding the main ingredient for cheesecake, which is the cream cheese. Cream cheese adds the smoothness and extra creamy texture to the cheesecake and makes it more flavourful. I have used D’lecta cream cheese to make this No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake but you can use any cream cheese of your choice.
Strawberries have a natural affinity with chocolate, creating a classic and beloved flavour combination. They provide a burst of bright and fruity flavour that cuts through the richness of the chocolate and cream cheese. This adds a refreshing and vibrant element to each bite. Sliced or diced strawberries not only add flavour but also enhance the visual appeal of the cheesecake.
Melted chocolate serves as a primary source of rich and intense chocolate flavour in the cheesecake. The smooth, velvety texture of melted chocolate infuses the entire dessert with a luxurious and decadent taste. When combined with other ingredients like cream cheese and whipped cream, it helps the cheesecake firm up during the chilling process.
EQUIPMENTS USED IN MAKING NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
A few kitchen staples that should always be there in the kitchen are mentioned below.
A blender is required to crush the biscuits too. You can use a zip lock pouch and rolling pin too to crush the biscuits.
An electric beater is necessary to blend all the ingredients into a smooth cheesecake batter.
You also need a few mixing bowls to combine the biscuit base and cheesecake batter. You also need spatulas to do the mixing.
Finally, you will need ramekins in which you’ll set the cheesecake.
RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
TIPS TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- Opt for fresh, ripe strawberries for the best flavour and colour.
- Whip the cream till stiff peaks are achieved. Do not over whip or under whip or you’ll not get the desired texture.
- Use softened cream cheese so that the final cheesecake batter doesn’t have lumps.
- Use an electric beater or whisk to bring everything together.
- You can also experiment with cookie crusts for added flavour by using oreo biscuits, Biscoff biscuits, etc.
- Chill the crust in the refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes before adding the filling. This helps the crust set and prevents it from becoming too soggy.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to maintain the light and fluffy texture.
- For biscuit layer-
- 5-6 digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- For the filling-
- 4-5 strawberries, chopped
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chocolate, melted
- ½ cup whipped cream
- For the ganache layer-
- ½ cup chocolate, melted
- ½ cup fresh cream, warm
- In a blender, blend the digestive biscuits till fine crumbs.
- Transfer this into a bowl and add melted butter and combine till all the crumbs are coated.
- Add the biscuit base into ramekins and using the back of a spoon, press down to form an even cheesecake base. Refrigerate for 15-20 mins till it sets completely.
- Add the chopped strawberries as a layer over biscuit base.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese, melted chocolate and whipped cream.
- Mix the batter completely till smooth. Now transfer this on top of the strawberry base using a piping bag.
- Make sure it is spread evenly on the top and sides as well. Refrigerate it until it sets.
- For the ganache layer- melt the chocolate and add warm cream to it. Mix it well to combine.
- Pour this ganache on top of the cheesecake layer and spread it evenly and enjoyyy!
If you like my No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!