Discover the joy of wholesome indulgence with these delectable Bliss Bites that seamlessly blend the richness of dates, the decadence of cocoa powder, the crunch of dry fruits, and the nutritional goodness of oats. Elevate your snacking experience with this guilt-free treat that not only satisfies your sweet cravings but also nourishes your body.
Enhance the blissful experience of our indulgent Bliss Bites by taking them to the next level – a decadent chocolate dip. Immerse these delectable treats into a velvety pool of melted chocolate, elevating their taste to a whole new realm of sweetness. The combination of the chewy, nutrient-packed interior and the smooth, rich exterior creates a symphony of textures and flavors that will undoubtedly make each bite an exquisite moment of pure delight.
INGREDIENTS USED IN BLISS BITES
Dates serve as the primary sweetening agent in this recipe. They are a natural source of sweetness and are packed with essential nutrients such as fibre, vitamins, and minerals. They not only provide a delicious caramel-like flavour but also help bind the mixture together.
Oats are full of fiber and protein and even a small quantity can fill up your stomach nicely. They soak in a lot of liquid and hence, are full of flavour when combined with the right ingredients. I have used rolled oats but you can use any, that you like. Oats act as a natural binder in the laddoo mixture. They help hold the ingredients together, ensuring that the bliss bites maintain their shape.
ASSORTED DRY FRUITS
The assortment of dry fruits, roasted walnuts and almonds . You can use and replace dry fruits of your choice. It adds a variety of flavours, textures, and nutrients to the bliss bites.
Cocoa powder is used to add a rich chocolate flavour to the bliss bites. It contributes a delightful bitterness and enhances the overall taste.
Dark chocolate is used to coat the bliss bites. Melted dark chocolate is used to further enhance the chocolatey flavour and provide sweetness. It adds creaminess and a velvety texture to the bliss bites.
EQUIPMENT YOU NEED FOR THE BLISS BITES
To mix and blend everything together nicely you’ll need a good quality mixer or grinder. I have used the morphy richards blender to blend everything perfectly.
TIPS TO MAKE BLISS BITES
- Roast the Dry fruits- Roasting dry fruits enhances their natural flavours and makes them more enjoyable. So make sure you roast your dry fruits before blending them in the grinder.
- Soak the deseeded dates in hot water for minimum 15 minutes to ensure they blend into a smooth paste later.
- Melt the Chocolate: In a microwave or using a double boiler, gently melt the milk chocolate until it becomes smooth and creamy. Be cautious not to overheat it; chocolate can burn easily. Stir it occasionally while melting.
- Mix Thoroughly: Use a spatula or your hands to mix everything together. Ensure that the cocoa powder is evenly distributed, and the mixture starts to come together.
- You’ll use your palms or hands to shape the mixture into the ice tray . Ensure your hands are clean and slightly greased with ghee to prevent sticking.
- To mix and blend everything together nicely you’ll need a good quality mixer or grinder.
- 20 dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2-4 tbsp reserve dates water
- ½ cup melted chocolate
- Begin by soaking 20 dates in hot water for 15-20 minutes or until they become soft and plump. Make sure they are completely submerged in water.
- Once dates are soaked, reserve the soaked date water for later use.
- In a separate pan, roast almonds and walnuts until they release a nutty aroma. Allow them to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked dates, roasted almonds, roasted walnuts, oats, cocoa powder and reserved dates water.
- Blend the ingredients until you achieve a dough like consistency.
- Take small portions of the mixture and press them in sections of silicone ice tray. Ensure that you press the mixture firmly into each section, shaping it to fit the mold.
- Place the silicone ice tray in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 20 minutes or until the mixture sets and holds its shape.
- Once set, carefully remove the bliss bites from the silicone mould and dip ¾ of them in melted dark chocolate using a toothpick and enjoy!