If you’re a dessert enthusiast, you’ve likely heard of the delightful and decadent dessert known as “Choco Lava Cake.” But have you ever tried its adorable miniature counterpart – Mini Choco Lava Bombs? These bite-sized choco lava bombs are like a flavor explosion in your mouth, and they’re perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings.
Picture tiny chocolate orbs, each harboring a secret reservoir of warm, oozing chocolate lava, ready to explode with flavor in every bite. In this blog post, we’ll take you on a delightful journey into the world of Mini Choco Lava Bombs, from their origins to how you can make them at home.
INGREDIENTS USED IN MAKING CHOCO LAVA BOMBS
Butter is a source of fat, and it imparts a rich, buttery flavor to the cake batter. This enhances the overall taste of the choco lava bombs, making them more enjoyable and indulgent. The fat content in butter contributes to the tender texture of the mini chocolava bombs.
The primary role of sugar is to add sweetness to the choco lava cakes. It enhances the overall flavor profile, making the cakes deliciously sweet and satisfying. Sugar helps balance the flavors in the cake batter. Its sweetness counteracts the bitterness of cocoa powder and dark chocolate, creating a harmonious and well-rounded taste. Sugar has hygroscopic properties, meaning it attracts and retains moisture. This quality helps keep the chocolava cakes moist, preventing them from becoming dry or crumbly.
This recipe is an eggless recipe and hence milk acts as the binding agent. Not only that, but milk makes the cakes more moist and light after cooking. In recipes that use baking powder as a leavening agent, milk can react with it to produce carbon dioxide gas. This gas creates air bubbles within the batter, causing the cake to rise and become fluffy.
- All purpose flour
I am using all- purpose flour to make my easy chocolava bombs. It gives that nice crisp and structure to the cake batter and finally the cooked cake.. You can use whole wheat flour also in same proportion for a healthier version of these easy choco lava bombs.
- COCOA POWDER
The chocolate element in this Choco Lava bombs is coming from cocoa powder. I have used Hersheys cocoa powder but you can use any. It gives that immense chocolate flavour to any baked good. You can use any good quality cocoa powder which is easily available to you in nearby grocery stores.
- RAISING AGENTS
Baking soda and baking powder are used as leavening agents to make the pancake bombs fluffy and light.
WHAT MAKES MINI CHOCO LAVA BOMBS SPECIAL ?
- Gooey Center: Just like their larger counterparts, Mini Choco Lava Bombs have a rich, gooey chocolate center that oozes out when you take a bite. It’s the ultimate indulgence for chocolate lovers.
- Bite-sized Bliss: These mini desserts are perfectly portioned, making them ideal for sharing or enjoying as a personal treat. You can have more than one without feeling guilty!
- Versatile: Mini Choco Lava Bombs can be customized to your liking. You can experiment with different types of chocolates, fillings, and toppings to create a variety of flavor combinations.
EQUIPMENT USED IN MAKING MINI CHOCO LAVA BOMBS
One equipment that is absolutely necessary to make choco lava bombs is an appe/paniyaram pan.
It is easily available in markets or online.
OTHER RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
TIPS FOR MAKING MINI CHOCO LAVA BOMBS
- Whisk all the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients.
- Heat the paniyaram pan well enough and grease as well before pouring the pancake batter.
- You can switch the filling to your liking as well. This chocolate batter goes well with nutella, lotus biscoff, etc.
- Preheat the appa pan on medium-low heat. It’s crucial to have even heat distribution across all the cavities for uniform cooking. Adjust the heat as needed during the cooking process.
- Choose high-quality dark chocolate for the molten center. The richness of the chocolate will enhance the overall flavor of the lava cakes.
- Avoid overfilling the appa pan cavities. Leave some space at the top to allow the batter to rise during cooking without overflowing.
- Allow the mini choco lava cakes to cool for a few minutes in the appa pan before attempting to unmold them. This helps them set slightly and makes them easier to release.
- ⅓ cup castor sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup warm milk
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 10-12 Chocolate chunks/pieces
- Take sugar and melted butter in a bowl and whisk well.
- When incorporated well, add in the warm milk and mix again.
- Then, add all your dry ingredients that is flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Mix everything together and transfer the batter into a piping bag.
- To make the mini cakes, heat an appe/paniyaram pan and grease it lightly.
- Carefully fill ½ the cavities with cake batter and then add in chocolate chunk in the centre.
- Cover the top of the chocolate chunk with some more cake batter and cook nicely from both sides.
If you like my Mini Choco Lava Bombs recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!