Today, we embark on a delightful kitchen adventure, exploring the art of crafting your own sweet symphony of flavors with a simple yet sensational recipe – Strawberry Chia Seed Jam.
In a world of preservatives and store-bought spreads, there’s a certain magic in creating your own jam, where every vibrant berry is a nod to the season’s bounty. What sets this particular recipe apart is the addition of chia seeds, tiny powerhouses that not only contribute to the jam’s unique texture but also bring a nutritional boost to each spoonful.
Get ready to embrace the sweet nostalgia of spreading homemade goodness on your morning toast or swirling it into yogurt for a heavenly parfait.
INGREDIENTS USED IN STRAWBERRY CHIA SEED JAM
Opt for the ripest strawberries you can find. Their natural sweetness will enhance the flavour . The better the berries, the more delightful your jam will be.
Jaggery, derived from concentrated sugarcane juice or date palm sap, brings a natural sweetness to your jam. It’s a fantastic alternative to refined sugar, offering a more complex and nuanced sweetness that complements the vibrant taste of fresh strawberries.
Chia seeds have a remarkable ability to absorb liquid and swell up, forming a gel-like consistency. In your strawberry jam, this means no need for pectin or excessive amounts of sugar to achieve that desired thickness. The chia seeds work their magic, giving your jam the perfect texture without compromising on taste.
EQUIPMENT USED IN MAKING
STRAWBERRY CHIA SEED JAM
It’s an easy recipe and doesn’t require a lot of equipment.
Apart from this, a saucepan is required to cook the jam.
TIPS TO MAKE THIS
STRAWBERRY CHIA SEED JAM
1. Choose Ripe Strawberries: Opt for the ripest strawberries you can find. Their natural sweetness will enhance the flavor of the jam.
2. Experiment with Sweeteners: Feel free to experiment with different sweeteners like agave syrup or coconut sugar based on your taste preferences.
3. Chia Seed Consistency: If you prefer a smoother jam, grind the chia seeds before adding them. For a more textured jam, leave them whole.
- 🍓10-12 strawberries, chopped
- 🍓2 tbsp jaggery
- 🍓2 tbsp chia seeds
- 🍓1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a saucepan , add chopped strawberries and jaggery over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally, allowing strawberries to release their juices.
- Once the strawberries are soft, mash the strawberries with the potato masher or with back of the spatula.
- Now, add lemon juice ,chia seeds and continue mixing until the jam thickens.
- Allow the jam to cool and transfer into a clean, airtight container.