Indulgence takes on a whole new meaning with this exquisite No-Bake Chocolate Tart – a heavenly creation that requires no oven time, yet delivers a rich and velvety symphony of chocolatey bliss. Perfect for those moments when the craving for decadence strikes and the mere thought of turning on the oven feels like too much effort.
This sinfully delicious dessert is a testament to simplicity meeting sophistication, as each velvety bite melts in your mouth, leaving behind a trail of pure cocoa euphoria. It’s time to savor the uncomplicated luxury of a no-bake masterpiece that proves, once and for all, that decadence knows no bounds.
INGREDIENTS USED IN NO BAKE CHOCOLATE TART
A tart is incomplete without a biscuit base. The texture of oreo biscuits adds a pleasant crunch to the crust, creating a contrast to the smooth and creamy chocolate ganache filling. Oreo biscuit crusts are well-suited for no-bake desserts, as they provide stability without requiring baking. The combination of biscuit crumbs and a binding agent, usually melted butter, creates a cohesive and stable crust that sets well in the refrigerator.
Melted butter serves as a binding agent for the crust. When combined with crushed Oreo biscuits , it creates a mixture that sticks together, helping to form a cohesive and solid base for the tart.
As the no-bake chocolate tart chills in the refrigerator, the melted butter solidifies, helping the crust set. This ensures that the crust maintains its form and provides a stable base for the decadent chocolate ganache filling.
Since the entire recipe is based on a chocolate ganache, good-quality chocolate is a must. Chocolate chips or couverture chocolate are my go-to options for any chocolate dessert. They have a much better flavor. I have used Callebaut Dark Chocolate Callets or van-houten dark chocolate but you can also use a compound bar if there’s no availability.
Some fresh cream is also added to the chocolate to make chocolate ganache. Fresh cream gives a smooth and homogenous texture when combined with chocolate. It also gives a rich flavour to the whole dessert. I used D’lecta fresh cream to make this No bake chocolate tart.
EQUIPMENT USED IN MAKING NO BAKE CHOCOLATE TART
As I said, it’s an easy recipe, so it doesn’t require a lot of equipment as well.
Mixing bowls that are sturdy as well as presentable and affordable is important since they are used in so many recipes. I bought mine from here
TIPS TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE CHOCOLATE TART
- Ensure that the crust has the right consistency. It should be crumbly yet able to hold together when pressed. You can use a combination of crushed cookies and melted butter for the crust
- After pressing the crust into the tart pan, refrigerate it for at least 15-20 minutes before adding the filling. This helps the crust set and holds its shape better.
- When making the chocolate ganache filling, ensure that it’s at room temperature before pouring it into the crust. This helps in achieving a smooth and glossy texture.
- Before serving, garnish the tart with creative toppings like grated chocolate, berries, or a dusting of cocoa powder to enhance both the visual appeal and flavor.
RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
- For biscuit base-
- 25-30 oreo biscuits
- ½ cup butter, melted
- For the ganache-
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cream
- ¼ cup butter
- For the topping-
- Whipped cream
- Blend the oreo biscuits into fine crumbs and mix it with melted butter until it resembles wet sand.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch tart pan to create the crust. Place it in the refrigerator to set.
- For the chocolate ganache, In a saucepan set over medium heat , heat the fresh cream and butter. Turn off the heat once it comes to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream and butter over chocolate and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then mix untill smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the lined tart, even out properly and top it up with whipped cream