Tarts are slowly becoming my favorite dessert to bake. They’re so fun and so versatile. There is so much you can do with them. In the last few months, I made
- caramel- pecan tart
- eggless mango cream cheese tart
- gluten free chocolate- pecan tart
- no-bake strawberry tart
- maple-apple tart
This almond apricot tart is a total winner and the flavors are sure to impress. The tart shell is very simple to make but the best part is the almond filling. I top the tart with flaked almonds before baking and serve it with whipped cream.
I also made a one minute video of this almond apricot tart that you can watch on my Instagram. I’ve been working on a lot of video content recently. I hope you’ve been watching these videos on Instagram. Coming back to this recipe, if you end up making this tart, make sure you share a picture with me- I’d love to see your bakes.
In another news, the coming few days are going to be very exciting. I’m conducting a food styling workshop on 23rd June at the Chumbak store in DLF Promenade. The response has been incredible and we managed to fill all 30 seats in a couple of days. On 25th June, we’re shooting the cover of my book, which I’m incredibly excited about!
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (113 grams/ 8 tbsp), softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 + ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 + ¼ cup ground almonds
- 8-10 apricot slices
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- whipped cream, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, beat caster and brown sugar with softened butter
- Beat in the egg yolk.
- Fold in the flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Use your fingers to press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" tart pan. Refrigerate the tart shell for at least one hour or until the dough is firm.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom of the tart shell and then bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes or until the tart shell is slightly golden.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Beat the butter with sugar.
- Beat in the eggs. Add flour and ground almonds and mix well.
- Pour the filling into the half-baked tart shell.
- Arrange apricot slices on top. Generously add flaked almonds.
- Bake the tart at 180C for 20 minutes or until the tart is golden-brown.
- Serve with whipped cream.