Last week, I met a couple of friends for dinner. These are friends I met on my media trip to Taiwan last month. Shikha, whose company organized the trip invited us for dinner at her house and so I decided to take the dessert. Since these guys have been trying to eat healthy, I made this refined flour and refined sugar free tart. This gluten free chocolate pecan tart is made using oat flour and quinoa flour. Instead of sugar, I used maple syrup but you can also use honey.
Replacing refined flour in the tart shell
The tart shell of this tart has a nice bite. Replacing refined flour in tarts is easier than doing that in cakes. My choice of flours for this gluten free chocolate pecan tart was oat flour and quinoa flour. You can both or either and also experiment with other flours, if you like. I also have other gluten free recipes on the blog for you guys to try. The Vegan gluten free chocolate tart and the Healthy gluten free quinoa brownies are two of my favourites!
Filling for the chocolate pecan tart
To fill the tart, I simply made my favorite dark chocolate ganache. This ganache is extremely easy to make and only calls for two ingredients- dark chocolate and cream. All you need to do is pour hot cream over double the amount of chopped chocolate, and whisk till it’s a smooth, glossy and homogenous mixture! Remember to use the best quality chocolate available to you, because that will determine the flavour of your ganache. I topped it off with some toasted pecan nuts. You should also try making the caramel-pecan tart I made sometime back.
Storing the tart
You can make the tart ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. Since we’re not using fresh fruits, the tart will keep fine for longer. It should keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
This chocolate pecan tart is-
- easy to bake
You should also read my post on How to make perfect tarts to make sure you never go wrong with your tart recipes!
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- dark chocolate ganache
- ½ cup lightly toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix oat flour, quinoa flour and cocoa powder in a food processor.
- Add maple syrup and melted butter and process until the dough comes together. Knead a little, if required.
- Press the dough into the bottom and sides of a 9" tart pan. Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the tart shell has cooled completely, fill it with dark chocolate ganache and top with lightly toasted pecan nuts.
- Let the tart set in the fridge for 30 minutes to one hour.