I think you’ll love me for this recipe. This chocolate tart that you see right here is gluten free, vegan and also refined sugar free. I used oats and almond flour instead of flour. I also replaced sugar with 100% pure maple syrup from Canada. It is not only the perfect replacement for sugar but also the best option for vegans. I love making this vegan gluten free tart and I hope you will too.
- 1 cup oat flour ( oats ground finely in a food processor)
- 1 cup almond flour ( almonds ground finely in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure Canadian maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- 4 table spoons coconut oil
- 200 gm dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Grease a 9 inch tart pan with coconut oil. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Combine all the ingredients for tart base and mix until the dough comes together.
- Using your fingers, press the dough into the tart pan. Let it rest in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Bake the tart base at 180C for 20-25 minutes until it is golden brown.
- To make the filling, melt the chocolate with coconut oil on a double boiler. Bring it off heat and add espresso powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour the filling on the cooled tart shell. Let it set in the fridge for at least 20-26 minutes