Recently, I have been obsessed with frozen yogurt barks and thought of trying it. I made these luscious yogurt cheesecake barks using Greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese and honey. These yogurt cheesecake barks are super simple to make and I love how quick these are made. You can top it up with your favourite berries or nuts and enjoy.
INGREDIENTS USED IN YOGURT CHEESECAKE BARKS
Greek Yogurt/Hung curd
Greek yogurt is a style of yogurt that’s been thoroughly strained of its whey, resulting in a far thicker consistency than regular yogurt. Greek yogurt gives you the right amount of tang to balance the sweet in your yogurt cheesecake barks. Here I have used Epigamia Greek Yogurt.
Cream cheese is a soft cheese that is mostly used in traditional American style cheesecakes. The cheese lends the dessert a rich mouthfeel and creamy texture. Dlecta or Philadelphia are some of the good brands. You can even use Britannia’s cream cheese if the other two aren’t available near you.
Honey is a smarter choice, if you wish to avoid those extra calories that comes with adding sugar. Apart from being a healthier choice, it also imparts a great flavour.
EQUIPMENTS USED FOR MAKING YOGURT CHEESECAKE BARKS
I am using a bowl and a whisk in this recipe to combine the ingredients.
I have used flat whisk for this recipe.
OTHER RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
TIPS TO MAKE YOGURT CHEESECAKE BARKS
Make sure the cream cheese is softened to avoid lumps.
You can add honey according to your taste or you can skip that too.
Freeze the yogurt barks for atleast 4 hrs or overnight.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- Digestive biscuits
- Add greek yogurt and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Smoothen it out to avoid lumps.
- Add in the honey and whisk it well.
- Pour the mixture into a tray/mould lined with baking sheet and spread it evenly.
- Top it with fresh strawberries, blueberries, followed by crushed digestive biscuits.
- Freeze it for 6-8 hrs or overnight , until completely hardened.
- Cut into the barks and enjoy !
- If you like my Yogurt Cheesecake Barks recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!
If you like my Yogurt Cheesecake Barks recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!