I’m obsessed with ice-creams and frozen yogurts but I don’t make them at home too often. Don’t ask me why. That really needs to change. This beautiful frozen raspberry yogurt really encourages me to do so. It was so easy to make and the result was delicious and so refreshing.
I made this frozen raspberry yogurt by churning it in an ice cream maker. But to be honest, you don’t really need to churn it if you don’t have an ice-cream maker. Simply freeze it after combining the ingredients and you’ll be done. The ice-cream maker I use is from KitchenIf. You can also check out the KitchenAid ice-cream maker attachment if you have a stand mixer.
This frozen raspberry yogurt is an excellent treat to make. It only calls for 4 ingredients and literally takes 5 minutes to prep. You also get a good quantity, which you can keep treating yourself to for a few days. I used raspberries but you can use any berries that have. You could also experiment with different fruits.
Use a thick yogurt to make this frozen raspberry yogurt. I use market bought yogurt because the home made ones usually have more water. If you can get your hands on Greek yogurt, use that. This recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz Perfect Scoop.
SOME RECIPES TO TRY-
- 1 + 1/2 cup (360g) yogurt
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 3 cups (300g) frozen raspberries
- 4 teaspoons (20mL) fresh lime juice
- In a food processor, combine yogurt, caster sugar, frozen raspberries and lime juice. Blend until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a freeze safe container. If you are using an ice-cream maker, freeze the yogurt for 1 hour and then churn it in the ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice-cream mixer, simply freeze the raspberry yogurt over night. It tastes equally yummy.
- The frozen raspberry yogurt is ready.