Eggless chocolate chip cookie bars- probably the best recipe title ever! All things good, all things delicious and all things tempting. This recipe is very simple and calls for basic ingredients. The interesting part is how simple techniques and ingredients create this incredibly delicious dessert. And it’s eggless!
These eggless chocolate chip cookie bars basically have three layers- cookie dough, cream cheese and another layer of cookie dough. The chocolate chips in the cookie dough makes it even better! You can top these eggless chocolate chip cookie bars with ice-cream or simply have them with warm milk.
The cream cheese layer of these bars is what makes it extra special. Biting into this layer of cream cheese sandwiched between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough will make you so happy. Also, have you made my raspberry cheesecake bars yet? Click HERE for the recipe
We also shot a video for these eggless chocolate chip cheesecake bars that I will share on my Instagram soon. Stay tuned for that.
- 1 cup (227g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) castor sugar
- 2 + 1/4 cup (270g) all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking soda
- 4 tablespoons(60mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (88g) chocolate chips
CREAM CHEESE LAYER-
- 1 cup (225g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (30g) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL)vanilla extract
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Line a 9X9 square pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on at least 2 sides to make handles. This will help you lift the bars off the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown and castor sugar.
- Fold in the flour and baking soda. The dough will be very very thick.
- Add milk. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- To make the cream cheese layer, beat all the ingredients together until everything is well combined.
- Keeping 1/4 th of the cookie dough aside, spread the rest of it into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Spread all the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle rest of the cookie dough on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Bake the cookie bars at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until the cookie dough is golden-brown.
- Let the eggless chocolate chip cookie bars cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate them for at least 1 hour before slicing them.