Eggless chocolate chip cookie bars- probably the best recipe title ever! All things good, all things delicious and all things tempting.
What to keep in mind while making Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Make sure your butter is melted. Temperatures while making desserts are of very high importance. Even the milk has to be at room temperature.
There is also an enormous variety of brown sugar available in the markets but this recipe of eggless chocolate chip cookie bars uses light brown sugar so please don’t end up buying any different kind. While dark brown sugar has a complex taste in comparison, resembling to the taste of caramel or toffee and that is why we use light brown sugar for this recipe of eggless chocolate chip cookie bars.
There are little things one should always keep in their mind while baking and for the same, I have an entire blog post dedicated to basic baking tips which you can find here.
Layers of the Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These eggless chocolate chip cookie bars basically have three layers- cookie dough, cream cheese and another layer of cookie dough. The chocolate chips in the cookie dough make it even better! You can top these eggless chocolate chip cookie bars with ice-cream or simply have them with warm milk.
The cream cheese layer of these bars is what makes it extra special. Biting into this layer of cream cheese sandwiched between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough will make you so happy.
Also, the website has a plethora of dessert bars and you should definitely try them out. From berry bars to caramel ones, I am sure you’re going to love them all! Click HERE for the recipes!
- 1 cup (227g) butter, melted
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) castor sugar
- 2 + ¼ cup (270g) all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking soda
- 4 tablespoons(60mL) milk
- ½ cup (88g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225g) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (30g) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a 9X9 square pan with parchment paper, leaving extra on at least 2 sides to make handles. This will help you lift the bars off the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown and castor sugar.
- Fold in the flour and baking soda. The dough will be very very thick.
- Add milk. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- To make the cream cheese layer, beat all the ingredients together until everything is well combined.
- Keeping ¼
thof the cookie dough aside, spread the rest of it into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Spread all the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle rest of the cookie dough on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Bake the cookie bars at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until the cookie dough is golden-brown.
- Let the eggless chocolate chip cookie bars cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate them for at least 1 hour before slicing them.
Hey shivesh! I was wondering if I can top these cookie bars with your fudgy chocolate brownies instead of cream cheese..
Will that go well?
Please give me an advice for that if u say yes for this idea!!
bake with shivesh says
You can definitey try! sounds yum!
Hi which brand of light brown sugar do you use?
bake with shivesh says
Tyte and Lyle
Hey shivesh!! I tried these cookie bars with fudgy brownies!! Everyone loved it!!
But I found the cookie layer sticky on teeth!!
Hi, how long can these be stored without refrigeration?
Taskeen Memon says
Hi Shivesh..Can i use couverture chocolate chips
Pavithra Renganath says
OMG !! This recipe turned out to be heavenly !! My kids enjoyed making it and relished it !! Lovely recipe !! Keep posting more eggless recipes !!