If I say so myself, this chocolate cake tiramisu is the bomb! It is made of all things delicious and when it all comes together, you can’t help but fall in love. This chocolate cake tiramisu has 4 layers.
- The first layer is a chocolate cake. You can either use my back to basics chocolate cake recipe to make it ( click here for the recipe) or the easiest eggless chocolate cake ( click here for the recipe)
- The second layers of this chocolate cake tiramisu is the dark chocolate ganache– my favorite part. Use a good quality 70% dark chocolate. Click here for the ganache recipe. The brand I use is called Regal chocolate
- Third layer is the lady finger biscuits soaked in coffee. The entire recipe is eggless but these biscuits traditionally have eggs. If you want to make this chocolate cake tiramisu, you can skip this layer and use another thin layer of cake soaked in coffee. Or you can use thick digestive biscuits instead of ladyfingers. For the lady finger biscuits, the most commonly available brand in India is Vicenzovo. You can find them at FoodHall or Modern Bazaar. If you’re in Delhi, you’ll get them at Khan Market or in INA.
- The fourth and the last layer is a creamy layer of mascarpone cheese, icing/powdered sugar and whipped cream. I use Flanders mascarpone cheese and Amul’s whipping cream, both of which are available at FoodHall and Modern Bazaar
You can watch the video recipe for this chocolate tiramisu cake on my Instagram!
If you guys love tiramisu as much as I do, this chocolate cake tiramisu is going to become your favorite dessert. I’ve also shared my easy tiramisu recipe on the blog earlier and also the classic tiramisu recipe that I got from the Italian chef at Park Hyatt, Hyd.
- 1 8″ chocolate cake
- 1 cup dark chocolate ganache
- 8-10 lady finger biscuits
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup icing/powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- cocoa powder, to dust
- In a shallow circular dish, place the chocolate cake.
- Cover the chocolate cake with a generous layer of dark chocolate ganache.
- In another dish, pour boiling water over coffee powder.
- Dip the lady finger biscuits into the coffee. The biscuits soak up the liquid very very quickly, so be careful.
- Arrange the soaked biscuits on the chocolate ganache.
- In a large bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and icing sugar together. Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture on the lady finger biscuits. Dust with cocoa powder on top.
- Let the chocolate cake tiramisu set in the fridge for at least one hour.