Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts- I love it for it’s flavor and texture. It is also one of the first desserts that I made on my own when I started baking- probably because it is such an easy to put together dessert.
This eggless tiramisu is comfort in every bite. The kick of coffee, the texture of the lady finger biscuits and the creaminess of the mascarpone cheese works beautifully together. This tiramisu is so light but completely satisfying. You can make it in glasses like I do or set it in a flat-shallow dish.
To talk about the ingredients of this tiramisu, I use the macarpone cheese from Flanders. For the lady finger biscuits, the most commonly available brand in India is Vicenzovo. There is no substitute for these but you can find them at FoodHall or Modern Bazaar. If oyu’re in Delhi, you’ll get them at Khan Market or in INA. You can use the coffee powder of your own choice. Make sure you let the tiramisu rest in the fridge for a good amount of time before digging in.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coffee powder
- 10-15 lady finger biscuits
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- cocoa powder, to dust
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Pour the boiling water over coffee powder. Let it cool.
- Dip the lady finger biscuits in the coffee. Do not soak or let it sit in the coffee for too long.
- Layer the lady finger biscuits in a dessert glass or a shallow dish.
- Lightly beat the mascarpone cheese.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream on high speed. Keep adding the sugar in batches while the mixer is still running. Beat until the cream doubles in volume and forms soft peaks.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the mascarpone cheese into the whipped cream. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe the filling on the layer of lady finger biscuits.
- Dust with cocoa powder. Let the tiramisu rest in the fridge for 4-5 hours or over night.