Granitas. Unfamiliar word? More unfamiliar recipe? Worry not because I am going to give you guys the best ever strawberry granita recipe and you’re going to go gaga over granitas this year!
Granitas are a product of Italy’s extremely hot summers. When Italians had no ACs and no energy, they just blended some fresh produce with ice and made this slushy and delicious dessert that we now call Granitas.
Follow my advice of using fresh strawberries or other berries while preparing Granitas because these are the focus of the entire dish and fresh produce will only elevate your palates. You can also add some liquor to your Granita to really beat the heat or for any summer parties you’re hosting!
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- In a food processor, blend strawberries, sugar, water and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and place in the freezer.
- Chill in the freezer until it starts to chill. Mix using a fork, scrapping the crystals loose. Repeat after every 30 minutes
- Serve in glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Read the recipe on FoodHallOnline.com