There’s something magical about the combination of creamy ice cream and the sweet, nutty flavors of walnuts and figs. If you’re a connoisseur of unique and delightful frozen treats, you definitely need to try this Walnut and Fig Ice Cream recipe.
In this blog, I’ll take you through the process of creating this delectable dessert that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR WALNUT & FIG ICE CREAM
FULL FAT MILK
Full-fat milk forms the base of the ice cream mixture, contributing to its creamy and luscious texture. The fat content in the milk provides richness and helps create a smooth and velvety consistency.
It is added to the walnut n fig ice cream mixture to further enhance the creaminess and thickness. It adds a concentrated milk flavour and helps achieve the desired consistency.
Use the best kind of figs you can find at your nearest grocery stores. It will enhance the flavours of the ice cream
I have to be honest, when I first tried this recipe, I was a little skeptical about using condensed milk since I did not know how the frozen texture will turn out. But after a few trials, I’m 100% sure that adding condensed milk makes a huge difference and that too in all the right ways I have used Nestle Milkmaid to make this recipe but you can use any kind of condensed milk that is readily available to you.
The main ingredient that gives the ice cream its entire structure and base is the whipping cream. Whipping cream is whipped up to stiff peaks before any other ingredient is added to it so that it maintains its light and airy texture. This makes the ice cream get its real texture and feel. I have used this whipping cream to make this recipe.
TIPS FOR WALNUT & FIG ICECREAM
1. Make sure the whipping cream is completely thawed and is at room temperature.
2. Whip the cream till stiff peaks are achieved. Do not over whip or under whip or you’ll not get the desired texture.
3. Ensure that all the ingredients are at room temperature.
4. Nut Variations: Feel free to experiment with different nuts for added texture and flavor. You can substitute or combine pistachios and almonds with cashews.
Storage: If you have any leftover walnut n fig ice cream , store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one week.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR MAKING WALNUT & FIG ICE CREAM
This recipe comes together quickly and hardly needs any equipment.
Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons. are an integral part of any baker’s kitchen and it’s very important to measure ingredients with precision.
An electric beater is necessary to blend all the ingredients into a smooth ice cream base batter.
You also need a few mixing bowls to combine the ice cream base. And spatulas to do the mixing.
A blender is required as well to make the fig n milk paste.
RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
- 10 figs
- 1-2 tbsp water
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 10-14 walnuts
- Soak the figs in hot boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a blender, add the soaked figs and water and puree it.
- In a saucepan, add milk, condensed milk, milk powder and fig puree. Heat it on medium heat till you get a rolling boil.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge till it comes to a normal temperature.
- Meanwhile whip the cream to medium-stiff peaks and keep aside. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius and roast the walnuts for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the mixture cools, fold it with whipped cream and roasted chopped walnuts and layer it in loaf pan. Cover it and freeze it overnight.
If you like my Fig and Walnut Ice Cream recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!