If I had to pick one ingredient to bake with for the rest of my life, I’d pick lemons. I love how flavorful they are and I absolutely love how they balance the sweetness of the dessert. I made eggless lemon cupcakes last month with so many of you tried and loved. Some other lemon desserts I love are no-bake lemon cheesecake shots, lemon crepes and the eggless lemon cake. These lemon thumbprint cookies filled with lemon curd are flavor bombs!!
These lemon thumbprint cookies are so easy to bake and so flavorful. I fill them with my favourite lemon curd. Click HERE for the lemon curd recipe. I use regular Amul butter to make these cookies. The recipe calls for an egg and unfortunately there is no substitute here. If you want to make eggless thumbprint cookies, try these eggless chocolate thumbprint cookies filled with Nutella. Recipe HERE.
- 1+ 3/4 (210g) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon (3g) lemon zest
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) lemon juice
- lemon curd, to fill
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Whisk together the flour, lemon est and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and the sugar, until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until just combined. Mix in the lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
- Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Make a thumb impression in the center of each ball. Bake at 180C for 5 minutes
- Pull the tray out and fill the impression with lemon curd.
- Bake for another 1o minutes at 180C or until they become golden brown. The lemon thumprint cookies are ready. Dust with icing sugar.