I love the aroma of my kitchen whenever I’m using bananas for baking, whether it is Banana Bread, or this eggless banana coconut cake. I know how excited you guys get about eggless recipes! This eggless banana coconut cake is soft, packed with flavour, and super moist! It substitutes bananas and greek yogurt for eggs. I love a delicious, moist banana cake and the coconut flavour complements it so well!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut + more for the top
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 cups castor sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 + 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a 9″ round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon powder, shredded coconut and baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat mashed bananas, sugar and oil until the mixture becomes pale yellow.
- Add yogurt and beat well
- Fold in flour mixture, alternating with milk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely
- Cover with whipped cream and top with shredded coconut