Another eggless recipe is here- banana chocolate upside down cake! I have made an upside down banana cake before that you can try HERE but that didn’t have any chocolate. Banana and chocolate cake for such an incredible combination and I love them together. Have you made my triple chocolate banana bread yet? You can get that recipe by clicking HERE.
This eggless banana chocolate upside down cake has a beautiful layer of bananas and a delicious eggless chocolate sponge. If you try this recipe at home, make sure you share the picture with me- I love looking at your creations. Happy baking!
- 1/4 cup (90g) golden syrup
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1 + 1/2 cups (180g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups (75g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (180ml) oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups (300g) castor sugar
- 1 cup (285g) Greek yogurt (or curd hung over night)
- 1/2 tsp (3ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a 9″round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the golden syrup on the parchment paper in an even layer. Arrange the banana slices on the golden syrup.
- To make the cake batter, whisk together cocoa, flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together oil and sugar until the mixture is pale and light
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Beat in vanilla using mixer at low.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Mix only until well combined. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan on the banana slices and bake at 180 C for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, release it from the edges and flip it upside down onto a plate/ cake stand