Have you baked an upside down cake before? I personally love baking them. Baking them is as simple as a regular cake but they’re so much cooler! This pear and almond upside down cake is an absolute delight to bake and eat. The best part is that it’s dairy free. I use almond milk in the cake instead of dairy milk. So if you’re lactose intolerant, this is the recipe for you.
more recipes to try-
- eggless banana chocolate upside down cake
- eggless pineapple upside down cake
- orange upside down cake
- fig upside down cake
- 1/4 cup (90g) golden syrup ( if you don’t have golden syrup- brush the pan with melted butter and spread an even layer of brown sugar on it)
- handful of flaked almonds
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Spread golden syrup on the bottom of the cake pan. Sprinkle flaked almonds on it
- Arrange the pear slices on the golden syrup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat oil and sugar until the mixture is light and pale.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with almond milk, and starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Carefully pour the batter over the arranged fruit and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden-brown. Let the cake rest in the tin for 10-15 minutes before taking it out.