I love eating and I can eat at any time of the day but I always end up skipping my breakfast. Now, there are two reasons for that. First, I’m always running late for college. Second, I feel sick the entire day if I eat anything heavy in the morning. But, I have discovered the perfect breakfast recipe and I don’t think I’ll be skipping breakfast ever now, all thanks to this recipe of Chia Seed pudding!
If you end up preparing this delicious chia seed pudding, do not forget to upload it on Instagram with the hashtag- #bakewithshivesh, and also tag me!
Why this overnight chia breakfast pudding
I discovered chia seeds recently and can’t stop obsessing over them now. I put them in my cakes and in my jams. Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain.
I call this recipe of chia seed pudding the perfect breakfast recipe not only because it has chia seeds, which are packed with health benefits but also because it has everything that you should be having for breakfast- fruits, milk and seeds, and nuts. It is light but filling and also super yum. I don’t always post healthy recipes like this chia seed pudding but when I do, I make sure it is tasty too! I’m sure you’re convinced by now that this chia seed pudding is absolutely amazing but there is more! You have to make this at night and let it rest overnight. This basically means that when you wake up in the morning, your breakfast is absolutely ready.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are pumped up with antioxidants which fight diseases like cancer and also aging.
- They lower your body’s vulnerability to heart diseases.
- They are high in many bone nutrients and contain higher calcium than most dairy products. Therefore, if you happen to be lactose-intolerant, Chia seeds should be your go-to ingredient in every dish you prepare.
Ingredients of this vegan chia seed pudding
You might probably be thinking about the availability of chia seeds in your regular grocery store. Don’t worry about that. Nowadays, chia seeds are available in almost every other shop and hence, you won’t have a problem finding them. I use strawberries for this recipe but you can use any berries that you like. You can also use the milk of your choice. Even though I have used whole milk, almond milk is equally excellent and you’ll have your chia seed pudding with almond milk which certainly becomes more healthy and nutritious.
More Chia recipes for breakfast
If you are loving the idea of this chia seed pudding as breakfast, you need to check out the following recipes:
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- ¼th cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup fresh/frozen strawberries
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp corn flour (optional)
- ¼th cup crushed almonds
- mint, to garnish
- In a glass jar, combine milk, honey and chia seeds. Whisk well.
- Let the jar rest in the fridge overnight.
- To make the strawberry filling, combine strawberries and water in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add cornflour and mix vigorously.
- While mashing the strawberries, let the filling cook until the mixture becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour the filling to the bottom of a serving glass. Let it rest in the fridge.
- In the morning, spoon the chia seed filling on the strawberry filling.
- Cover with crushed almond and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Sunanda Krishna says
Hi Shivesh – this looks like a great breakfast & I’m going to try it – just wanted to check – in winters as its cold, can we leave it outside overnight or it needs to be placed in the fridge only?
bake with shivesh says
Hello, thank you! yes it needs to set in the fridge 🙂
Aviral Goyal says
Hey shivesh !
Is there any alternative of keeping it in refrigerator overnight ?
I am a student living away from home and have no acess to fridge.
Hey! Try leaving it outside. should work in winters. milk will go bad in summers
Hi Shivesh..it’s a great recipe.i am definitely going to try .
Just want to know that filling I have to set individual for each glass or I can set in one bowl and while serving put in the glass .and top with chia seed filling.
Hey! you can set it in one bowl
Ria Himmatramka says
This looks super healthy! I was just wondering if I could use other more readily available fruits like bananas for it? Something like mashed banana?
Hello, you can top it with absolutely any fruit of your choice 😀
Hi Shivesh! Chia seeds receipe is amazing.
I want to try it out. Can you suggest a good chia seeds brand? Or which one have you used in this receipe.