You guys know how much I love experimenting with and incorporating fruity flavors in my desserts, while I have come to realize the increasing demand for eggless and vegan recipes. So, I mixed up both of those things to create this Vegan Orange Loaf Cake!
This Vegan Orange Loaf Cake is super duper moist with the freshness of orange zest and freshly squeezed orange juice.
The one thing I love about baking with oranges is the aroma it fills your entire kitchen area with. It literally makes you drool and trust me, you won’t be able to wait until the cake is done baking, haha.
One tip that I would like to give is to always use fresh extracts when making such recipes. You will see that there is a great amount of difference between recipes prepared with fresh extracts and those that use store-bought products. You can also top this Vegan Orange Loaf Cake with orange flavored whipped cream or an orange glaze!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- zest of one orange
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and prepare a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and orange zest.
- In a large bowl combine, both the the sugars, orange juice,vegetable oil and water.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold to combine. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes