This Salted Caramel Cake recipe will surely tinger your senses because it is such a burst of so many flavors in your mouth- it is unbelievable and it is heavenly!
Chocolate and salted caramel really compliment each other and this is what I realized after having the first bite of this cake. This Salted Caramel Cake is not very heavy but has the right amount of decadence and fluffiness. It is soft, spongy, and scrumptious, and being a bundt cake, has a lot of delicious caramel in between, so when you cut the cake, the caramel comes pouring out and who doesn’t like such a sight, haha.
I am sure you’re already drooling while reading this but I will just proceed to clear one last thing- this cake is not as technical as it sounds. It’s hardly stressful and you can not go wrong with it. Salted caramel is a developed taste and you guys should definitely try and experiment with it and I am so sure you will love doing so!
For the salted caramel
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
For the cake
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp salted caramel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans + whole pecans for garnish
For Salted Caramel:
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, cook sugar until it begins to melt and gets an amber brown color.
- Add butter to the sugar and mix vigorously with a whisk until it melts and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add cream and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Bring the caramel to room temperature.
For the Cake:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and butter a bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and vegetable oil. Beat until the mixture is pale and light.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add salted caramel and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Unmould after the cake is completely cooled. Let it sit on a wire rack to further cool it.
- Top with salted caramel and garnish with whole pecans.
Read this recipe on FoodHallOnline.com HERE