- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup Delmonte cherries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipped cream
- In an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites with lemon juice until they double in volume.
- With the mixer on high speed, add 1 tablespoon of castor sugar at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the meringue on a lined baking sheet and bake at 100C for 1 hour to make meringue kisses.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook cherries with granulated sugar until the cherries become juicy. Let it cool.
- In a dessert glass, layer whipped cream, cherries and crushed meringue kisses.