I think chocolate cookies are easily the world’s most favorite and the most go-to recipe, and that too for all ages- from little kids to people the age of my grandparents! And why wouldn’t it be? Chocolate cookies are effortless. Not only this, you don’t go very wrong with them that often and they’re highly customizable- you can top them with gems, pretzels, nuts, dips, and what not!
There are a zillion chocolate cookies recipes on the internet and I am adding my own version to the recipe pool, haha! I loved baking these chocolate cookies and I resort to the comfort they provide to my senses quite often.
I am sure you guys will fall in love with my recipe of chocolate cookies. Enjoy!
- It is very important to let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before you can pop them into the oven. I know it is very tempting to simply skip this step BUT it is very important to chill the dough.
- It is also important to not over bake the cookies. Bake them for only 12-15 minutes or until the edges have become golden brown. Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes after you have taken them out of the oven. They will look under-baked even after the edges have become brown but they will continue to cook as they cool
- 1/2 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch/ corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 12 table spoons of dulce deleche
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and white sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, corn starch.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Press them lightly with your fingers. Dollop one teaspoon on dulce de leche on the cookies and sprinkle with sea salt. . Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre heat your oven to 170C
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes