I think gooey chocolate cookies are easily the world’s most favorite and the most go-to recipe, and that too for all ages- from little kids to people the age of my grandparents! Wouldn’t it be? Gooey Chocolate cookies are effortless. Not only this, you don’t go very wrong with them that often and they’re highly customizable – you can top them with gems, pretzels, nuts, dips, and what not!
There are a zillion chocolate cookies procedures on the internet and I am adding my own version to the recipe pool, haha! I loved baking these gooey chocolate cookies and I resort to the comfort they provide to my senses quite often.
Trust me, I am sure you guys will fall in love with my recipe of these perfect gooey chocolate cookies or chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
Suggestions to nail these crunchy chocolate cookies
- It is very important to let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before you can pop them into the oven. I know it is very tempting to simply skip this step BUT it is very important.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Bake them for only 12-15 minutes or until the edges have become golden brown. Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes after you have taken them out of the oven. They will look under-baked even after the edges have become brown but they will continue to cook as they cool.
- These cookies use dark chocolate chips and are basically dark chocolate chip cookies. You can also use milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips as per your tastes.
Tips for getting your cookies perfect
A lot of you come to me asking me how to make perfect cookies. While most of you are cookie virgins, some of you have tried your hands at them but not gotten ideal results.
To solve your doubts and queries about baking cookies, I have an entire blog post dedicate to Baking your Cookies right which will surely help you out of your cookie misery!
Other yummy and gooey cookie recipes
Like baking cookies and eating them as much as I do? There are a lot of other cookie recipes on the blog that you can try:
Also, if you guys like the recipes on the website and try any of them, make sure to post them on Instagram with the hashtag- #bakewithshivesh!
Gooey Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch/ corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 12 tablespoons of dulce de leche
- sea salt, to sprinkle
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and white sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, corn starch.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Press them lightly with your fingers. Dollop one teaspoon on dulce de leche on the cookies and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 170C
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes
Hi m, can you please let me know how many cookies can I make with this batter?
about 12 cookies
Hi Shivesh… Thanks for sharing some amazing recipes.
Is cornstarch optional?
Is it needed?
Hi! you can bake the cookies without corn flour also. I use it because it makes the cookies chewy
Everyday, I look forward to seeing some interesting recipes on your page. Thank you for all the efforts!
What can I substitute egg with?
CAN I USE FLAX EGG IN THIS INSTEAD OF EGG??