Flan, famously known as crème caramel is a sweet, decadent, and rich sweet custard that is topped a sweet but light caramel sauce. Flan differs from crème brûlée as the topping is a soft layer of caramel and not a hardened one. I have used condensed milk for this Vanilla Flan recipe because it gives it a luxurious and ultra-creamy texture and it literally melts in your mouth!
Now, making a Flan is not as easy as it seems. I have seen the most experienced go wrong here. Also, there are possible hundreds of flan recipes all over the internet and people still struggle with this dessert. But, trust me, making this vanilla flan is no rocket science at all. Just follow this recipe blindly and you’re good to go!
Flan is delicate and light despite the milkmaid and heavy cream and if you haven’t tried this recipe out, you are missing out on a LOT. Trust me when I say this. This flan is different from all your cheesecakes and sponge cakes and tarts and it helps to break the monotony with the uniformity of it’s taste. It is simply brilliant!
Similar Recipes You Should Try:
- Eggless Tiramisu
- Classic Cheesecake
- Creme Brulee Cheesecake
- Orange Cake with Mascarpone Frosting
- 4 Layer Chocolate Cake Tiramisu
- ½ can condensed milk (200 g)
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 7-8 fresh raspberries and mint leaves, to garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the sugar until it caramelizes and becomes golden-brown. Divide the caramelized sugar between 4 ramekins and swirl to quote the bottoms of the ramekins.
- In a large bowl, beat condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract, milk until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Pour the mixture over the caramelized sugar.
- Place the ramekins in a larger container and fill it with one-inch of water. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
read the recipe on foodhallonline.com
Hello, Lovely recipes & great pics! Would like to know if I can skip or replace condensed milk?
bake with shivesh says
Thank you so much. Sorry, no substitute here 🙁
What is the brand of heavy cream you use?
I use amul heavy cream
Roma Jain says
Substitute for eggs