In the realm of desserts, where velvety textures meet luscious flavours, the No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake stands as a testament to the artistry of indulgence. A symphony of creamy richness, vibrant strawberries, and a crumbly, butter-kissed crust, this dessert transcends the ordinary, offering a slice of pure delight with each forkful.
Picture this: a dreamy cheesecake that requires no oven’s embrace, allowing you to revel in the ecstasy of its creation without the need for a single degree of preheating. The magic lies in the marriage of simplicity and decadence, where the absence of baking transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary.
INGREDIENTS USED IN NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
A cheesecake is incomplete without a biscuit base. The texture of digestive biscuits adds a pleasant crunch to the crust, creating a contrast to the smooth and creamy cheesecake filling. Digestive biscuit crusts are well-suited for no-bake desserts, as they provide stability without requiring baking. The combination of biscuit crumbs and a binding agent, usually melted butter, creates a cohesive and stable crust that sets well in the refrigerator.
Melted butter serves as a binding agent for the crust. When combined with crushed digestive biscuits or graham crackers, it creates a mixture that sticks together, helping to form a cohesive and solid base for the cheesecake.
As the no-bake strawberry cheesecake chills in the refrigerator, the melted butter solidifies, helping the crust set. This ensures that the crust maintains its form and provides a stable base for the creamy cheesecake filling.
The main ingredient that gives the cheesecake its entire structure and base is the whipping cream. Whipping cream is whipped up to stiff peaks before any other ingredient is added to it so that it maintains its light and airy texture. This makes the cheesecake get its real texture and feel. I have used this whipping cream to make this recipe.
Since it’s a cheesecake recipe, it can’t go without adding the main ingredient for cheesecake, which is the cream cheese. Cream cheese adds the smoothness and extra creamy texture to the cheesecake and makes it more flavourful. I have used D’lecta cream cheese to make this No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake but you can use any cream cheese of your choice.
The best flavour to combine with the base ingredients of cheesecake is the delicious strawberry. I have used local strawberries in this recipe in two different forms. One is in the form of slices and the other is in the form of puree. Both contribute a different texture and mouthfeel to the cheesecake and I would recommend to use both the forms to get the best of the flavours. Apart from that, the different layering of strawberries gives a dual colour to the No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake and thus, makes it look more appetising.
EQUIPMENT USED IN MAKING NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
A few kitchen staples that should always be there in the kitchen are mentioned below.
An electric beater is necessary to blend all the ingredients into a smooth cheesecake batter.
You also need a few mixing bowls to combine the biscuit base and cheesecake batter. You also need spatulas to do the mixing.
A blender is required as well to make the strawberry puree.
Finally, a solid utensil in which you’ll refrigerate the cheesecake is also required. I used a 1500ml oval dish to set the cheesecake.
RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
TIPS TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- Opt for fresh, ripe strawberries for the best flavour and colour. Choose berries that are firm, plump, and free from any signs of mold or bruising.
- Whip the cream till stiff peaks are achieved. Do not over whip or under whip or you’ll not get the desired texture.
- Use softened cream cheese so that the final cheesecake batter doesn’t have lumps.
- Use an electric beater to bring everything together.
- You can also experiment with cookie crusts for added flavour by using oreo biscuits, Biscoff biscuits, etc.
- Chill the crust in the refrigerator for about 15-30 minutes before adding the filling. This helps the crust set and prevents it from becoming too soggy.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to maintain the light and fluffy texture. Use a spatula and make sure to incorporate the ingredients thoroughly without deflating the whipped cream.
- You can also add a layer of sliced strawberries in the centre to enhance the visual appeal.
- 20-25 digestive biscuits
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1+1/2 cup cream cheese
- 3½ cup strawberry puree
- 3 1+1/2 cup whipped cream, beat into stiff peaks
- For the topping-
- 5-6 strawberries, sliced
- Strawberry jelly
- Blend the biscuits into fine crumbs and mix it with melted butter until it resembles wet sand.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of an 1500ml oval dish. Place it in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together softened cream cheese, strawberry puree and whipped cream until it's smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the set biscuit crust in the oval dish and spread out into an even layer.
- Now put the strawberry slices evenly over the cheesecake layer.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or until it's firm.
- Lastly make the strawberry jelly as per the instructions given behind the pack.
- Pour over the strawberries with the help of the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate again till jelly sets completely and enjoy!
If you like my No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe and happen to make them in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram and share pictures with me using #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!