Embarking on a journey toward wholesome indulgence, our Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake is a celebration of the delightful union between flavor and well-being. Celebrating the union of health and scrumptiousness in each delightful slice.
In the pursuit of a healthier treat without compromising on flavor, this creation emerges as a testament to the art of wholesome baking. Let’s delve into the world of Whole Wheat Vanilla Cake, where health meets scrumptiousness in a perfect harmony of flavors. This recipe is a go-to for all occasions, from birthdays to Sunday gatherings with loved ones. Join me on this culinary journey as we navigate through the steps of crafting a delectable cake that not only satisfies the taste buds but also aligns with a commitment to well-being.
INGREDIENTS USED IN WHOLEWHEAT VANILLA CAKE
Milk helps dilute the batter to achieve the desired consistency. This makes the batter easier to work with and results in a smoother texture. In recipes that use baking powder as a leavening agent, milk can react with it to produce carbon dioxide gas. This gas creates air bubbles within the batter, causing the cake to rise and become fluffy. Using whole milk, as specified in the recipe, adds a luxurious creaminess to the batter, elevating the overall indulgence of the cake. I use
The most obvious reason is that sugar adds sweetness to the cake, making it enjoyable and satisfying to eat. In a microwave cake, sugar helps keep the cake moist, preventing it from becoming dry and crumbly during the cooking process. As it combines with the other ingredients, it helps create a light and fluffy texture, making each bite a heavenly experience.
Oil adds tenderness to the cake’s crumb. It coats the flour particles and interferes with gluten formation, resulting in a more delicate and less chewy texture. It is often easier to mix into cake batters compared to solid fats like butter. It can be blended more uniformly with other ingredients, ensuring an even distribution of fats throughout the batter. The choice of vegetable oil adds neutrality, allowing the vanilla flavor to shine without any overpowering buttery notes.
Whole wheat flour plays a crucial and transformative role in enhancing the nutritional profile and texture of a cake. Unlike refined all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour retains the bran, germ, and endosperm of the wheat kernel, making it a healthier alternative.
Baking powder and baking soda are used in this cake recipe as raising agents. Leavening agents introduce gas bubbles into the cake batter. When heated in the microwave, these bubbles expand, causing the cake to rise and become airy. The rise from leavening agents helps the cake cook more evenly in the microwave, ensuring that the center and edges of the cake cook at a similar rate.
EQUIPMENT USED FOR MAKING WHOLEWHEAT VANILLA CAKE
A few mixing bowls and a whisk is what you need to prepare the cake batter.
I have used a 6 inch cake pan to bake the cake.
A spatula is my favourite kitchen equipment and always comes in handy at a lot of stages.
TIPS TO MAKE WHOLEWHEAT VANILLA CAKE
- Ensure that ingredients are at room temperature. This promotes even mixing and a smoother batter.
- Baking powder and baking soda are essential for giving the cake for its rise. Make sure they are fresh and not expired for optimal results.
- Mix the batter until just combined. Overmixing can result in a dense cake.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones until just combined. Overmixing can result in a dense and tough cake.
- Make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature before placing the cake inside. This ensures even baking.
OTHER RELATED RECIPES FROM THE BLOG
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1+ ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dark chocolate ganache
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ½ cup fresh cream, warm
- White chocolate ganache
- ½ cup white chocolate
- ¼ cup fresh cream, warm
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius and line a 6 inch round pan with parchment paper.
- Pour milk and white vinegar into a bowl, mix and let it sit for few minutes.
- To this, add sugar, oil and vanilla extract and give it a good mix.
- Add in the sifted whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gently fold the dry ingredients in without over mixing
- Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- For the ganache, warm the fresh cream and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for a while and then mix everything using a whisk.
- For the decoration, spread a generous layer of dark chocolate ganache on the top of the cake. Make the spirals using white chocolate ganache and with the help of the skewer make a web design.