I’ve been sharing a lot of summer recipes this month like the passion fruit tart, strawberry muffins, cherry cake and eggless mango tart. I also shared the first part of my big blog post on 100 tips to grow your blog. Well, I don’t know about you, but I thought something was missing. Where is the chocolate?? We’re 10 days into this month and I’ve not made anything chocolate! It was time to change that so I made these eggless mini chocolate cakes. I topped them with a caramel frosting and some hazelnut praline.
For the eggless mini chocolate cakes, I simply use my easiest eggless chocolate cake recipe, that you can find HERE. I simply put two tablespoons of the batter into a mini cake pan or a cupcake mould and bake them. The caramel cream cheese frosting is absolutely delicious and for me, the highlight of this dessert. The hazelnut praline on the top not only makes the cakes look super pretty but also completes my eggless chocolate cakes by adding a little crunch to the dessert.
Eggless mini chocolate cakes using the recipe HERE.
- Eggless mini chocolate cakes using the recipe
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- To make caramel sauce, cook 1 cup granulated sugar on medium heat, until it turns into a light amber color. Add ½ cup salted butter and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then add ½ cup fresh cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and then set it off the heat. Let the caramel sauce cool completely before using it for the frosting.
- 200 grams cream cheese, softented
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- • ½ cup granulated sugar
- • 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- Once the mini eggless chocolate cakes are baked, let them cool completely.
- To make the caramel frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together until it is light and fluffy. While the mixer is still running, gradually add sugar. Keep beating until the frosting is fluffy.
- Use a spatula to fold in the cooled caramel sauce. Pipe the frosting on the mini cakes.
- To make the hazelnut praline, cook the granulated sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat until it is a light amber color. Add hazelnuts to the hot sugar and stir to make sure all the hazelnuts are evenly coated. Immediately transfer the mixture into a baking tray and let it cool completely. It will harden as it cools.
- • Once the praline is cooled completely, roughly break it and then process in the food processor to get a powder like mixture.
- Sprinkle the hazelnut praline powder on the frosting to complete the mini eggless chocolate cakes.
Hi Shivesh, what cream cheese do you use?
bake with shivesh says
D’lecta or Britannia
Sounds and looks absolutely delicious.
Can the caramel cream cheese frosting be made a day in advance ( if one is short on time on the actual day )
Hello! thank you! yes you can make it in advance 🙂
Aayushi Chaudhari says
Hi, this looks very delicious!
Can you suggest a substitute for cream cheese? Cream cheese is not available in my town.( It’s a small town)
Hello, you can make buttercream frosting instead of cream cheese frosting