Lemon and blueberry is undoubtedly one of my favourite combinations. As most of my other recipes, this one is an extremely simple recipe as well. What I love about this cake is that the batter takes about only 10 minutes to whip up and is so much packed with flavour.
I feel that this cake is just perfect for the summers. A simple butter cake with the freshness of lush lemons and lemon zest with blueberry flavours bursting in your mouth at every bite; it almost feels like a breath of fresh, cold air in the sweltering heat.
A small shake of your icing sugar and topped with fresh blueberries, this cake looks wholesome and immediately catches your eye but hardly takes any effort to put together!
Try out this super simple recipe of the lemon blueberry cake and let me know how you feel in the comments!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 4 tea-spoons baking powder
- 1 table-spoon lemon zest
- 1 + 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Delmonte dried blueberries
- Lightly brush your 9 inch cake pan with oil/ butter and dust with all purpose flour. Line with parchment paper. Pre-heat your over to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all purpose flour, lemon zest and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until the mixture becomes light and pale, for about 5-7 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each edition.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, alternating with milk. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula fold the dried blueberries into the batter. Reserve some for the top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 180C until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. This will take about 30-40 minutes.