Lemon and blueberry are undoubtedly one of my favorite combinations. Like most of my other recipes, this one is an extremely simple recipe as well. What I love about this lemon and blueberry cake is that the batter takes about only 10 minutes to whip up and is packed with so much flavor!
I feel that this cake is just perfect for the summers. A simple butter cake with the freshness of lush lemons and lemon zest with blueberry flavors bursting in your mouth at every bite; this lemon and blueberry cake almost feels like a breath of fresh, cold air in the sweltering heat.
A small shake of your icing sugar and topped with fresh blueberries, this cake looks wholesome and immediately catches your eye but hardly takes any effort to put together! Try out this super simple recipe of the lemon blueberry cake and let me know how you feel by tagging me on Instagram!
Healthy lemon and blueberry cake
This already healthy lemon and blueberry cake can be made in a healthier manner if you choose to substitute the sugar with organic sugar or choose to add more blueberries. The combination of lemon and blueberries, as I have already mentioned gives off a beautiful flavor and can be the perfect dessert for your children or in general, if you’re looking to check your weight. Blueberries are known to be low in calories but high in terms of nutrient value. They help in lowering blood pressure, controlling DNA damage, and also managing cholesterol levels in the body.
Lemon-blueberry cake with buttercream frosting
I have chosen to not frost this beautiful lemon and blueberry cake. However, if you’re looking for a fancy twist on this cake and wish to top it off with something other than just icing sugar, you can go with frosting this fresh lemon and blueberry cake with some buttercream frosting.
Lemon and Blueberry Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 + ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Delmonte dried blueberries
- Lightly brush your 9-inch cake pan with oil/ butter and dust with all-purpose flour. Line with parchment paper. Pre-heat your over to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, lemon zest and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until the mixture becomes light and pale, for about 5-7 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each edition.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, alternating with milk. Do not over mix.
- Using a spatula fold the dried blueberries into the batter. Reserve some for the top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 180C until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. This will take about 30-40 minutes.