I love cinnamon rolls- they go as any meal, breakfast or dessert, and each bite is as heavenly as the one before and with any topping in the world- from maple syrup to hot chocolate sauce.
Many of you might think that cinnamon rolls are difficult to make and it is just better to get them from outside- at least better than investing your own time in it. However, this is such a wrong misconception! Cinnamon rolls are easy to prepare- easier than you know it! I do agree that it seems otherwise and thus, I am posting this recipe to solve this misconception!
I promise you- you’ll only stick to this recipe once you try it out and I sincerely hope that you love doing so!
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 3 + ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar + 5 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- Combine milk, yeast, butter, egg, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add flour and knead until the dough begins to come together.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with a damp towel and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm place. The dough will double in volume.
- Once the dough has doubled, roll it out in a rectangle of ¼th-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Spread an even layer of brown sugar and cinnamon on it.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder. Cut ¾-1 inch rolls from the dough.
- Place the rolls in the baking dish. Let them rest in the baking dish for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes until they're golden brown. Eat warm.