- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp dry active yeast
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 table spoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 3 + 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar + 5 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- Combine milk, yeast, butter, egg, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add flour and knead until the dough begins to come together.
- Transfer to an oiled bow. Cover with a damp towel and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm place. The dough will double in volume.
- Once the dough has doubled, roll it out in a rectangle of 1/4th inch thickness on a lightly floured surface
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- Spread an even layer of brown sugar and cinnamon on it.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder. Cut 3/4-1 inch rolls from the dough.
- Place the rolls in the baking dish. Let them rest in the baking dish for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes until they’re golden brown. Eat warm.