Ever since I have started blogging, I have been getting requests to do an egg less recipe. I finally have one for all you lovely readers- Eggless Oreo Cake. Oreo cookies have been taking the food industry by a storm and everyone is so into Oreo shakes, Oreo ice-creams, Oreo ice-cream cakes, and what not. And in the middle of all this, how can I not come up with an Oreo recipe of my own? This eggless Oreo cake is all you need on a day when your sweet tooth is crying out loud for all things sweet!
Ingredients of this Eggless Oreo Cake
This eggless Oreo cake uses greek yogurt or hung curd instead of eggs. Yogurt renders this cake a moist and chocolaty flavour and also helps in the structure. It is know that eggs help in rising a cake but if you use yogurt in the right manner, it is equally helpful in giving cakes a good risen structure.
This eggless Oreo cake has two layers of ganache on the top- dark chocolate and white chocolate ganache. I use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate because we are also using white chocolate and the cake will end up being uncontrollably sweet and heavy if we use milk and white chocolate ganache. The bitter-sweet taste of the dark chocolate, on the other hand, will help the cake to have uniform and balanced sweetness. The white chocolate ganache has swirls of dark chocolate, sprinkles and mini Oreos and you know a cake is divine when it has dark chocolate, white chocolate and Oreos!
Tips to get the best Eggless Oreo Cake ever
- If you don’t have butter milk, substitute it with a mixture of 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp white vinegar. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes before you add it to the batter.
- For the ganache, I used fresh cream by Amul which is easily available in all grocery shops across India.
Other Eggless Recipes to try
If you are a fan of Oreos, you can also try these Chocolate Oreo Truffles.
I love knowing what you guys have cooked from the website. If you would like to showcase to me your exceptional skills in any recipes from the blog, please upload it on Instagram with the hashtag- #BakeWithShivesh.
Eggless Oreo Cake Recipe
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups castor sugar
- 1 cup greek yogurt/ hung curd
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter milk
- a pinch of salt
- ½ cup crushed Oreos
- 1 cup dark cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup white cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cream
- Mini Oreos and sprinkles for decoration
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate ganache
- Pre-hear the over to 180C. Line a 9" cake pan with parchment.
- Whisk cocoa, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl
- In a large bowl, cream oil and sugar.
- Add yogurt. and beat well.
- Beat in vanilla using mixer at low
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with butter milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the crushed oreos using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean
- On a double boiler with flame on medium low,cook cream and dark chocolate until the chocolate melts and the mixture thickens. Keep aside 2 tablespoons of the ganache.
- Remove from heat, cool completely and pour on the cake.
- On a double boiler with flame on medium low,cook cream and white until the chocolate melts and the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, let it cool and pour on the cake.
- Pour 2 table spoons of dark chocolate ganache on it ad make swirl using a bamboo skewer.
- Decorate with sprinkles and mini Oreos.