Easy and simple desserts are often the best. This recipe of Chocolate Oreo Truffles is probably the easiest recipe on the blog and that is one reason why I love it!
Why Make These Tasty Chocolate Oreo Truffles
These chocolate oreo truffles are not only heavenly in every bite, but you also got to love them for a zillion reasons!
They literally require only three very simple ingredients, you hardly have to exert any energy into making these, they are your best-friends for impromptu parties and plans, and not to forget, you can customize them as you like! One can dip the balls in a pool of white chocolate to get delicious white chocolate oreo truffles, one can decorate them in a festive manner and these will serve as the most go-to dessert every kind of festival and you can have it all, from Halloween Oreo Truffles to Christmas Oreo Truffles!
Tips for Chocolate Oreo Truffles
When warming up the cream, please do not forget to be careful with it. Cream easily burns and if you use it further without realizing, you may end up spoiling your entire recipe!
When mixing the cream and chocolate, I would highly recommend using a silicone spatula for the perfect non-messy and effortless mix. God, don’t you love how silicone spatulas have revolutionalized the art of baking? Haha.
Do not forget to cool the ganache mixture properly. If you take it out too soon, you might end up with messy hands and an even messed up dessert.
Other Truffles and Dessert Balls to try from the Blog
If you guys end up whipping up any recipe from the blog, do not forget to post it on the Instagram with the hashtag- #bakewithshivesh and also check out my Instagram for regular updates!
Chocolate Oreo Truffles
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups finely chopped dark cooking chocolate
- ¼ cup Oreos crushed into a dust
- In a non-stick pan, heat the cream until it is warm. Bring it to a simmer.
- Pour the warm cream over the chopped chocolate. Let it rest for a minute and then mix it until the chocolate melts completely.
- Pour the cream and chocolate mixture in a shallow dish and let it rest in the fridge until it sets completely. It might take up to 30 minutes.
- After the ganache mixture has set completely, take it out of the fridge. Using a melon baller or a spoon, scoop out the ganache and roll them into balls of equal sizes.
- Roll the truffle balls into finely crushed Oreos. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving.