These chocolate truffles are divine and this recipe is probably the easiest recipe on my blog.
This recipe calls for just 2 very basic ingredients – cooking chocolate and fresh cream. If you are in India, you can use Amul fresh cream that is easily available in all local grocery stores.
Lets get started-
- 250 grams ( 2 cups) dark cooking chocolate
- 125 grams ( 1 cup) fresh cream
- Finely chop dark chocolate and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
- In a non stick pan, heat the fresh cream until it is warm. Be careful to not burn it.
- Pour the warm cream over the chopped chocolate and mix it until the chocolate melts completely.
- Pour the cream and chocolate mixture in a shallow dish and let it rest in the fridge until it sets completely. It might take upto 30 minutes.
- After the ganache mixture has set completely, take it out of the fridge. Using a small ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out the ganache and roll them into balls of equal sizes.
- Roll the truffle balls into toppings of your choice. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving.
To make these already amazing chocolate truffle balls even better, I have six topping ideas for you here.
- cocoa powder
- oreo dust
- ground cashew nuts
- ground pistachios
- dried rose petals
- coconut flakes.
If you make these chocolate truffles, don’t forget to share a picture on Instagram using #bakewithshivesh.
Hey.. as it contains cream, how long can it be stored? And where should it be kept?
Under refrigeration or room temperature?
You can refrigerate for over 3-4 days
Kavita Gupta says
How many truffles can be made with this quantity
Hi Shivesh , I really like your videos and this weekend hopefully I try some of your recipes .
I had a question though. When we open a Parker if cream cheese or whipped cream or cream etc, what us the shelf life once open and if it can be stored for some more time how do we store it ..
Rithika N Acharya says
Hello! Shivesh bhai did you make mixed fruit cake? Pls give us a recipe!
What type of chocolate do you recommend and any brand recommendation?
Aki Sharma says
Can you name the dark chocolate which you have used for making this truffles and for the cake frosting as well?
Can we substitute coconut cream with fresh cream ?
Pooja Upmanyu says
Which chocolate have you used Shivesh?