I feel it is such a pity that we don’t get fresh and juicy produce of passionfruit in Delhi and for that reason, I end up buying bagfuls of passionfruits wherever I find them. I love passionfruit and they don’t stay for a long time, so I ended up taking the pulp out and creating this recipe of passion fruit curd so I can have one of my favorite fruits as and when I like!
Passionfruits are really flexible- you can use them as cake decoration, major ingredients in cakes, in smoothie bowls, as this passionfruit curd or just simply as fruits!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pulp with seeds from 8 passion fruits
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon juice and passion fruit pulp until blended.
- Place the saucepan on low heat and stir continuously to prevent curdling.
- Cook the mixture until it becomes thick and covers the back of your spoon. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- While the mixture is still hot, add butter and mix until it melts and is well incorporated
- Cover the mixture with a cling film, touching the surface of the curd and let it cool in the fridge.