This mousse is my go to dessert for summer, especially when I’m feeling lazy and want to make something super quick and easy. It requires very few ingredients and can me made in practically no time at all! Also, since it is eggless, there is simply no excuse for anyone to not make it right away! Another mousse recipe that I love is the Eggless Strawberry Mousse without Gelatine.
Can I use Amul Fresh Cream to make this mousse?
I use Rich Whip Topping to make this mousse, but any full fat whipping cream works well for this recipe. Amul fresh cream, I’m afraid, doesn’t have enough fat content to allow it to be whipped to stiff peaks, which will not give you the consistency of a mousse. I have a post on how to make whipped cream, which will answer all your questions from which cream to get and how to whip it.
Can I use other berries in this recipe?
This recipe is extremely versatile and pretty basic. You can easily replace frozen blueberries with frozen raspberries or frozen strawberries and make the mousse. You could also experiment with the crumble and add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder or ginger powder. You can very easily adapt this recipe to suit your taste!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- 1½ cup flour
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, cook frozen blueberries, sugar and lemon juice until the sugar melts and blueberries begin to break down.
- In a small bowl, combine corn flour and water. Add the slurry to the saucepan in which the blueberries are cooking and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Set it off heat and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream until still peaks form.
- Carefully fold in the cooled blueberry mixture into the cream and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make the crumble, combine butter, sugar and flour in a large bowl to reach a coarse, sandy texture.
- Spread the crumble onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- To assemble the mousse, add a generous amount of crumble to a glass. Pipe the mousse on top of the crumble and top it fresh fresh/ frozen blueberries.