We all love chocolate cupcakes, don’t we? These chocolate cupcakes with cream-cheese frosting are unbelievably good. I love the texture and richness of these cupcakes. It’s such a simple recipe but the result is super yum. I hate to admit it but I did end up eating more than half of the batch I made. Either I have zero self control or these cupcakes are too good to be resisted. Make them in your kitchen and tell me what you think.
If you want to make egg less chocolate cupcakes, simply use my egg less chocolate cake recipe. You can find it HERE
I think cupcakes make for perfect presents, especially when they’re homemade. Since, we’re in the valentine month, I though it’d be a good idea to share this recipe now. The recipe is easy to follow and I bet you can make the most delicious chocolate cupcakes, even if you’re not a baking pro.
When it comes to frosting, there are several options but my favorite is the cream cheese frosting. I flavor it using seeds from a fresh and plump vanilla bean. I’d highly recommend using a vanilla bean but if you can’t get your hands on it, you can also use pure vanilla extract. I use Britannia cream-cheese for this recipe. Philadelphia cream-cheese is also a great but a more expensive option.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk + 1 tsp white vinegar, mixed together and rested for at least 5 minutes
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup (225gm) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100gm) butter, softened
- seeds from half vanilla pod
- 1 + 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Whisk cocoa, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl
- In a large bowl, beat oil with sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition
- Beat in vanilla using mixer at low
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until smooth
- Pour the batter into cupcake pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- To make the frosting, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- While the mixture is still running, add the sugar in parts. Beat until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Generously top the cupcakes with frosting once they have cooled completely.