Who said you cant eat cake for breakfast? Meet my breakfast cake. It is made using whole wheat flour, no butter and very little sugar. It has fruits, nuts and oats- basically everything you should eat for breakfast!
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup traditional oats
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
• 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup castor sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 yogurt
• 1 + 1/2 cup chopped fruits
- To make crumb topping, combine all the ingredients until it forms a coarse mixture and refrigerate
- Preheat your oven to 180C and prepare a round cake tin.
- Cake- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
- combine eggs and oil using KA hand mixer. Add vanilla and sugar and beat well.
- Alternatively add dry mixture and yoghurt to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped fruits. Reserve some for the top. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Make another layer of sliced fruits on the top. Cover with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
For step by step pictures- http://blog.kitchenaidindia.com/breakfast-cake/