I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say that orange and cranberries is the most festive combination! Nothing spells Christmas as much as oranges and cranberries together. These scones have zest of an entire orange, a lot of dried cranberries and the rich-velvety English Breakfast tea from TeaBox. It is a very simple recipe and the scones are to die for. Just make sure you don’t over work the dough once it’s ready. Get baking yáll!
watch the recipe video HERE
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tea pacs of Breakfast Tea
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40gm cold butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- zest of one orange
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp milk, to brush on top of scones
- cherry jam and whipped cream, to serve
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, heat the milk with the Breakfast tea. Bring to a boil and then let it cool.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and sugar. Using your hands, break in the cold butter.
- Make a well in the centre and add the tea infused milk. Add orange zest and mix until combined.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and add cranberries on top. Using your hands, slightly flaten the dough.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out the scones. Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake at 200C for 12-15 minutes. Serve with cream and jam.