I love eating fruit crisps but for some reason I don’t end up making them too often, which is odd because they’re so simple and quick. I had shared the recipe of a quinoa crisp and mango-peach crisp on the blog earlier. Those crisps are great too but this raspberry apple crisp is by far my favorite. You can use any combination of fruits that you like. That’s the best part about crisps- they’re so versatile!
This raspberry apple crisp is
- refined flour free
- refined sugar free
Eggless raspberry apple crisp
This is a super quick yet unbelievably yum recipe! I make fruit crisps when I want to have something tasty but I also don’t want to put in too much effort, haha! You can use a combination of whatever fruits you like or have lying around, but my personal favourite is raspberries and apples! This recipe is refined flour and refined sugar free. I use whole wheat flour and oats for the crisp. I also use honey instead of refined sugar in this recipe. Make sure you cook the fruits just until they begin to break down. You do not want to overcook the fruit at this step as it will continue to cook inside the oven.
Choosing fruits and berries
I love baking with fresh fruits and berries. Always pick fresh fruits and berries over canned or dried ones. Fresh berries are expensive and not always available, so you can replace them with other fresh fruits available. If you’re in Delhi, you can source fresh berries from INA Market, Khan Market, Foodhall or Modern Bazaar.
Vegan raspberry apple crisp
This raspberry apple crisp can easily be made vegan by replacing few ingredients. You can use either 1/4th cup of maple syrup or soft brown sugar instead of honey. Also, instead of butter, you can use coconut oil.
Raspberry Apple crisp recipe
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup honey/ maple syrup
- ½ cup cold butter, cubed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a sauce pan set over medium heat, cook raspberries, apples an lemon juice until the fruit begins to break down. Transfer the filling to oven safe ramekins
- In a large bowl, whisk whole wheat flour and oat flour.
- Mix in the honey.
- Use your hands to mix in the butter. The mixture will be coarse and sandy. Sprinkle the mixture on the filling in the ramekins.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes of until the crisp topping is golden-brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and fresh raspberries.